The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug or feature?

Mofasa
Mofasa
✭✭✭
Either Mirri is annoyed with Naaniel in Murbruk or there is a bug here.
Doing The Staff of Magnus quest I was talking to Captain Sarandil and next to him this happened:
9ry6fh8oumz3.jpg

My bet is that Mirri is really annoyed with Naaneil and thus repeating her every word...

How many more women are Mirri annoyed at in eso?

• Mofasa
    Mofasa
    ✭✭✭
    I just tried this with another char that had Bastian but it did not work.
    My char was Nord so she was not on the 'The Staff of Magnus' quest.
  • Mofasa
    Mofasa
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I just tried it wit another Mirri with another char that had not done the 'Staff of Magnus' quest.
    ...and I got this result...

vvgb78nlwwgg.png

Here is a map over the location of Naaneil in Marbruk in eastern Greenshade, if you want to test this your self.
    udnte9llbf5w.png
    Edited by Mofasa on April 28, 2022 4:09PM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a bug present in several other quests, too, e.g., the Thieves Guild "Forever Hold Your Peace". In fact, it breaks progress there, one of the quest phases not advancing as a result of a companion being out (and echoing/intercepting parts of the dialog). Moreover, it works the same way even if you have not a companion, but e.g., warden's bear summon out.