The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

This cannot be deconstructed

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Why do we still have normal jewelry with this? The original purpose was to keep people from hoarding rings and necklaces before Summerset dropped to keep things fair for the non-hoarders, but that was years ago and Jewelry crafting has been out for ages. Surely this is taking up database space better used elsewhere and causing unnecessary cruft by this point? Can’t they be converted over to deconnable versions?
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably don't have the data associated with it is a possible reason, if they could be deconstructed you get nothing every time. The easier solution was to make them non-deconstructible than applying the data and flags to each one.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sold some non-deconstructible jewelry recently so the items are still desirable for actual use.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am still using some "cannot deconstruct" items. Necropotence comes to mind

frankly its another layer of protection for any mass deconstruction glitches
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somehow I don’t think my purple ‘Platinum Ring of Reduce Spell Cost’ would find many buyers.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If players are still holding on to old jewelry in the hopes that they can decon it one day, isn't that the exact kind of hoarding that this change was supposed to prevent? If they undo that, people will expect future anti-hoarding changes to be temporary, too. You have to crush hope completely and utterly.

I would sell or trash your stuff and free up the inventory space. Or keep it out of spite—that's always a fun little treat.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Fizzyapple
    Fizzyapple
    ✭✭✭
    I've bought plenty of purple rings like this for decon purposes totally by mistake because I wasn't paying attention. I'd love to believe these things were on sale because "other people want to use them" but people taking advantage of others is something some sellers do full time and me not paying attention is a basic tenant of their philosophy.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If players are still holding on to old jewelry in the hopes that they can decon it one day, isn't that the exact kind of hoarding that this change was supposed to prevent? If they undo that, people will expect future anti-hoarding changes to be temporary, too. You have to crush hope completely and utterly.

I would sell or trash your stuff and free up the inventory space. Or keep it out of spite—that's always a fun little treat.

If they are willing to hold it for 2+ years (since Summerset came out, right?) I say let them have it! How many could they really hold that long and what would the impact be? Inconveniencing everyone else playing the game normally is more of an issue.

I have not seen it lately, but I know it was an annoyance when I was playing on the PS4 (I started just after Summerset came out).
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzyapple wrote: »
    I've bought plenty of purple rings like this for decon purposes totally by mistake because I wasn't paying attention. I'd love to believe these things were on sale because "other people want to use them" but people taking advantage of others is something some sellers do full time and me not paying attention is a basic tenant of their philosophy.

Exactly. They should be adjusted to be "normal" in the game at this point.

But the entire buying/selling system is quite broken as well, as this illustrates.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they are willing to hold it for 2+ years (since Summerset came out, right?) I say let them have it! How many could they really hold that long and what would the impact be? Inconveniencing everyone else playing the game normally is more of an issue.

I have not seen it lately, but I know it was an annoyance when I was playing on the PS4 (I started just after Summerset came out).

i think its been closer to 4-5 years since summerset came out lol

im pretty positive i still have some jewelry from pre-summerset era, but all of it is bound already so i couldnt give it to anyone else anyway
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014