The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What is the best monster set for a pvp healer currently?

xSqu1shyTiger
xSqu1shyTiger
Soul Shriven
I’ve recently returned to the game after a while and saw that earthgore got a huge nerf. It doesn’t seem useful at all as a healer in pvp other than for the fact it gets rid of ground aoes. But there doesn’t seem to be any other good sets for 12 man groups. Troll king is meh ever since they nerfed health recovery for pvp, chokethorn only heals a single target at random, and magma incarnate is only good for small scale. Anyone have any ideas as to what would be the best for a warden healer who usually plays in 12 man groups?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it gets rid of ground aoes

It purges Colossus, Negate, etc. which makes it the best monster set for a PvP healer. (with a few exceptions)
    PC NA
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bohdan is the only magica-scalable AoE heal proc.

I have a fun char with Winter's Respine and Coldharbour's Favorite, all 3 proc in several GCDs.
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    it gets rid of ground aoes

It purges Colossus, Negate, etc. which makes it the best monster set for a PvP healer. (with a few exceptions)

Wait it does? :open_mouth:
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    [Earthgore] purges Colossus, Negate, etc. which makes it the best monster set for a PvP healer. (with a few exceptions)

Wait it does? :open_mouth:

Yes but it's often wasted on inexperienced group members who frequently drop below 50%. It can also be really bad on a Sorc healer due to limited HoT availability which leads to fluctuating health bars. Earthgore really shines when you have a strong healer (e.g. Warden) that keeps health bars topped off and your team can manage their own health to a certain extent.

It clears Negate, stops Colossus and Dark Convergence, removes caltrops, and deletes any residual ground effects from abilities like Ice Comet, Dawnbreaker, Stampede, etc.

Earthgore is OP

Edited by SkaraMinoc on April 28, 2022 3:56PM
    PC NA
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shout out to Symphony of Blades
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SkaraMinoc sorc healer also can waste the proc on matriarch.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    @SkaraMinoc sorc healer also can waste the proc on matriarch.

I forgot about that yeah. It's pretty bad.
    PC NA
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the heck out of this along with Jorvald's Guidance and Spell Power Cure. I change my light attacks with Mend Spirit and have Radiating Regeneration on both bars. Keeping my group at max health is my jam.