The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I get the written English interface language back on my eso.

SusieQ60
SusieQ60
I was adding some add-ons when it said I needed to add library of ESO-KR. The blonde in me didn't realise this meant all the written language in my game would change to Korean until I launched the game and thought WTH. I deleted the file but now there is no written language in my game. I have checked the box on the launcher and it says English, but as there is no written interface language at all in the game I can't access the Escape button to check in game settings. I desperately need help. PS I cannot find game repair button on the launcher either.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 25, 2022 9:15PM
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try disabling addons from the character select screen.
  • SusieQ60
    SusieQ60
    I have no written language on the character screen to find the addon section.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the PC Technical Support section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then maybe move your addon folder or, if you use an addon manager like Minion, disable or uninstall using the manager.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to your Documents -> Elder Scrolls Online -> Usersettings.txt and find these settings:

SET LastValidLanguage "en"
    SET Language.2 "en"

Change them to "en" if they are different. Don't forget to save, and don't have the game open while you are doing this.

Also remove the addon before you do this by either using Minion (if you are using it already) or just dragging the folder out of your "addon" folder in the same folder as the settings file.
    Edited by danno8 on April 25, 2022 9:20PM
  • SusieQ60
    SusieQ60
    SET etc has en at the end. I have repaired it from the launcher but when I launch the game there is now just a black screen with what looks like a box in the middle with what looks like a dialogue box but I can't access what it says as it is black. vgzoih98wsg9.png
  • SusieQ60
    SusieQ60
    This is the interface log it made
    2022-04-26T11:02:15.223Z Load Screen - RESUME_FROM_SUSPEND Complete
    2022-04-26T11:02:15.223Z Load Screen - Waiting On: CHARACTER_GEOMETRY, TERRAIN_GEOMETRY, KEEPS, FIXTURE_ASSETS, DYNAMIC_OBJECTS, USER_INTERFACE, RENDERER, GAME_DATA, TEXTURES, CHARACTER_ACTIVATED, SHARED_CHARACTER_OBJECT, RESUME_FROM_SUSPEND, FIXTURE_PHYSICS, PLAYER,
    2022-04-26T11:02:15.223Z PregameStateManager_SetState - from: nil, to: PlayIntroMovies
    2022-04-26T11:02:22.276Z PregameStateManager_SetState - from: PlayIntroMovies, to: ShowHavokSplashScreen
    2022-04-26T11:02:23.049Z PregameStateManager_SetState - from: ShowHavokSplashScreen, to: ShowLegalSplashScreen
    2022-04-26T11:02:24.716Z PregameStateManager_SetState - from: ShowLegalSplashScreen, to: ShowEULA
    2022-04-26T11:02:38.952Z Load Screen - RESUME_FROM_SUSPEND Complete
    2022-04-26T11:02:38.952Z Load Screen - Waiting On: CHARACTER_GEOMETRY, TERRAIN_GEOMETRY, KEEPS, FIXTURE_ASSETS, DYNAMIC_OBJECTS, USER_INTERFACE, RENDERER, GAME_DATA, TEXTURES, CHARACTER_ACTIVATED, SHARED_CHARACTER_OBJECT, RESUME_FROM_SUSPEND, FIXTURE_PHYSICS, PLAYER,
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next thing i would try is to delete your usersetting.txt completely (it will be recreated), remove completely the addons folder (drag it to your desktop for now, or just delete it if you are ok with starting your addons over completely), also delete your addonsettings file and your saved variables folder.

This is basically making all your game settings back to the default values with no addons at all or any settings from your addons being saved at all.

If that doesn't work, the only thing I can think of is a full reinstall after uninstalling and removing the ESO Documents folder completely as well as the game folder in your Program Files folder. That's the nuclear option.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @SusieQ60

If deleting the usersetting file and addon folder do not help, you may need to go through a complete reinstall of ESO in order to get your English text back.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post