The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Crashing at TOS. Steam and Bethesda versions. Repaired, reinstalled, newest RTX 3000 drivers, win 10

Augmenti_DeMontia
I can't scroll down fast enough to Accept (E key) before crashing.

Here's a link to my Steam post with a couple of screenshots of the errors, google searches didn't recognize.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/3271311587249347905/
This morning about 9am CST a Crash Report was sent and I included my email address on it, the one associated with this account.
Obviously I can't log in to Petition Service, so I've posted here and on Steam.

Resolution is 2560x1440 @ 144, thought my might have been a Refresh Rate issue but I see it going over 100 at the ToS screen before crashing.

The only thing, I can think of on my end might be a Admin Service I disabled.
However, all other programs I've used for the last 2+ years of this win 10 install, including mmogs, programs and video games work fine.

Thanks.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Augmenti_DeMontia

Make sure you have gone through all the crash troubleshooting in the help article below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try capping your refresh rate to 60 on the monitor.

Turn it off after you click accept.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Augmenti_DeMontia
    I did go through the Game Crash FAQ Report but not the "ESO has stopped working"? because that didn't happen to me but I will check it. So your telling me the error codes I posted are from this? I sure didn't see them listed, any where.

I literally posted Installing/Uninstalling/Repairing in the title of the post. I've done most if not all of those.
    How do I change the Graphic Settings if I can't get to the Login Screen or the game, is the a config file somewhere?
    Also the idea that my RTX 3000 card can't handle the graphic in ESO, is just plan nutty.

Now, when I used Compatibility Mode, I choose win 7 but i'll try win 8. I am admin on my machine/always in Admin mode but changing the Launcher.exe only? that's just weird because the main game exe is the one that's running. I'm not sure who wrote these Crash Resolutions, maybe they just haven't been updated in 4 or 5 years?

Basically it crashes 10 seconds after hitting the Play.
  • Augmenti_DeMontia
    Nestor wrote: »
    Try capping your refresh rate to 60 on the monitor.

Turn it off after you click accept.

Do you mean on my desktop settings, drop it from 144 to 60?

Oh, think I see, you mean to see if it gets me past this crash.

Sure I can try that, thanks.

I did try to drop it down to 120, weirdly thinking it was divisible by 60 but it was pretty late and on about the 4th install :p
  • Augmenti_DeMontia
    @ Nester it did seem to take a bit longer to crash but never got to the TOS

Error Code ECFFBFD7FFF3FBFB
    Application Terminated.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can submit a ticket from the website.

What is the Admin Service you disabled, and can you re-enable it or run a system restore from before you disabled it?
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    This Error Code reminds me to another topic about crashing ESO client.
    It were some leftover files of a reshader mod. Which are incompatible now.
    Could that be possible?
  • Augmenti_DeMontia
    Thanks for the replies.

@ Tandor, I agree and think a ticket is the best option atm.
    What I meant was I disabled several Services for Security and made a list, I can include in the ticket.
    An example would be, Application Layer Gateway Service, Auto Timezone Updater, BranchCache and so on.

@ Votan73, anything is possible the last time I played was a few years ago, on win 7.
    I don't think I used a Reshade though att, the only Shaders I see atm is ShaderCache.cooked in the Live folder.

So I tried expanding on the idea of lowering the refresh and dropped my screen resolution too.
    1920x1080 @ 60 hz and this is the error I got...
    https://imgur.com/a/oOvDVti
  • Xinihp
    Xinihp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I temporarily disabled my windows firewall completely.

Also, I set the windows service "Windows Management Instrumentation" to manual and started it.

After this when I launched the game I got past the TOS screens.

I then logged into a character, exited, turned the firewall back on and this service back off, and can now log in normally anytime.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Augmenti_DeMontia

As mentioned by other players in the thread, you may want to start a ticket with customer support to look into this further. If you've already started a ticket, please feel free to post the ticket number here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post