The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

low fps on rtx 3080 ti

Fenice19
Fenice19
✭✭
Hi, just installed my new card an rtx 3080ti and replacing my two 1080ti in sli .
same settings and nothing changed except th Gfx card.

4k resolution monitor. setting ultra. ( dlss not activated)
before 120-140-200fps
now 10-25-30 fps.
lowering to resolution to medium ( dlss not active )
the same ( with 1080 200fps with 3080ti 30fps)

game installed on nvme 80 gigs Ram Cpu 10980xe

someone can help me ?
  • Fenice19
    Fenice19
    ✭✭
    tomfant wrote: »

strange thing because all work fine with other games
    if i replace 3080 with old 1080 all work fine
  • HeavyESO
    HeavyESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same happened here, I replaced 1080ti with 3070ti recently and am getting poor performance on ESO. Some kind of CPU usage issue with this game
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have multithread rendering enabled ? Some people say turning that on and enabling v-sync (fps lock) gives best results.
  • Fenice19
    Fenice19
    ✭✭
    Do you have multithread rendering enabled ? Some people say turning that on and enabling v-sync (fps lock) gives best results.

i don't know... how to enable multithread ?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fenice19 wrote: »

i don't know... how to enable multithread ?
    It is in game options. I think in video settings. It should enable more cpu cores to delicate its power to ESO. FPS in this game are kinda cpu bound. If after that your GPU will go too loud & hot as it will be generating more frames you can then limit frames with a v-sync so the GPU would not throttle.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 26, 2022 1:37PM
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a similar setup. Went from dual 1080 Ti's in SLI to one 6900XT. My system is on a 5800X CPU though. I went from high DPS to higher DPS.

I also use this to check the PC every day after initial boot up: https://coderbag.com/product/quickcpu

You can unpark all cores so there is no delay in ramping up when loading occurs. Your CPU won't run hotter unparked. It only heats up with loading.

Your 3070 Ti. should be kicking tail and taking names. I'm assuming you reset all the settings in the Nvidia Control panel after installing the 3070 Ti?

Good luck!