The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How to save Cyrodiil?

Rhavein
Rhavein
✭✭✭
Hello everyone,

Aside from the regular problems (like balance issues, set issues etc), the biggest problem we have is lag/desync. Basically performance. Since we are told not to expect anything "soon" since the re-coding takes too much time and even the results are not guaranteed, why don't we try small rulesets to see if there is any improvement or not.

1) Disable cross-heals. We did before, it is told there is no any effect but everyday the performance is worse than previous day.
2) Make Cyrodiil group vs group only. Temporarily (or permanently) retire 3-banner war, make it group vs group area and let's see if the lag is better - or game xD
3) Add a 4th side to the war, hostile to everyone - like imperials or mercs. Let people choose for the campaign duration and see if things would be any better. I can personally say many many ball groups will take this road. I believe it will ease up faction stacks.
4) I see GH is super populated (well hello lag) and would it be better if we revert RW ruleset back to original (no cp, yes proc) and then maybe the population would be spread more evenly so it will help things. IDK

What do you think guys? I am not sure ZOS will listen but at least worth a try!
Gaehr
Necro, Ninja, Goalkeeper
Firehearts
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More server resources is how to save cyrodiil and end game trials. The bean counters at ZOS just have to decide to invest a little more into servers to support their game is all.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of the hammer completely. Upgrade server performance to combat the constant lagging, skills not working, the stuck in combat bug, random disconnects. Bring back resource tower destruction. Make end of campaign rewards actually worthwhile...Just a few ideas to make Cyrodiil better
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More server resources is how to save cyrodiil and end game trials. The bean counters at ZOS just have to decide to invest a little more into servers to support their game is all.

Pretty much this, and replace the server resources that have been repurposed to support the never ending stream of other new zones they keep releasing into the game. And going forward, be a normal company and buy more servers if they want to keep expanding their product, don't just keep shuffling resources around, until the whole game falls apart from strain.
  • DaggersKid
    DaggersKid
    ✭✭✭
    People in ravenwatch don‘t wanna play with procs. only thing you‘ll achieve with point 4 is 100ths of people quitting the game. sure that will reduce lagg, but does it makes sense? there is also blackreach, if gh is too full and you like procs…

get rid of *** procs like dc, pb, vd and so on first, before dragging us into that mess…
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shake up the boring stack-heal-stall meta.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Rhavein
    Rhavein
    ✭✭✭
    DaggersKid wrote: »
    People in ravenwatch don‘t wanna play with procs. only thing you‘ll achieve with point 4 is 100ths of people quitting the game. sure that will reduce lagg, but does it makes sense? there is also blackreach, if gh is too full and you like procs…

get rid of *** procs like dc, pb, vd and so on first, before dragging us into that mess…

I am sorry that you are too angry for anything but on EU, RW is always same players, no new player influx and depending on hopping around, one alliance is dead, while others having hard time to lock the pop. On the other hand, GH is always pop locked and always players are coming. I play on both so it is obvious :smile:
    Gaehr
    Necro, Ninja, Goalkeeper
    Firehearts
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhavein wrote: »
    3) Add a 4th side to the war, hostile to everyone - like imperials or mercs. Let people choose for the campaign duration and see if things would be any better. I can personally say many many ball groups will take this road. I believe it will ease up faction stacks.

This reminds me, when I did Cyrodiil dolmen run. During final dolmen boss fight arrive some dude.

He was standing there, full of sorrow, sad cat eyes :'( that I am from same aliance and he cannot kill me.
  • Sjestenka
    Sjestenka
    ✭✭✭
    add a PvE option. Hah! That would definitely bring some life to it
  • DaggersKid
    DaggersKid
    ✭✭✭
    DaggersKid wrote: »

I am sorry that you are too angry for anything but on EU, RW is always same players, no new player influx and depending on hopping around, one alliance is dead, while others having hard time to lock the pop. On the other hand, GH is always pop locked and always players are coming. I play on both so it is obvious :smile:

angry how? uhm that‘s exactly what i said. the same people play ravenwatch all the time, because it has no procs. make it proc and this people will quit…
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Temporarily (or permanently) retire 3-banner war...
    Yes please. Maybe just get rid of the whole 3d open world game thing. Most people who started playing the game because of big PvP fights in the trailers will understand the changes. Maybe even make it a car racing game. But with cards. And not cars, but mounts. So you can play your cards, and see if your wolf is faster than my guar. This is fun. I hope they will listen to our great ideas.
    I see GH is super populated...
    Yes you are right, because the 3 bars are full for a few hours a day, sometimes. That means there are a lot of people playing, right? Not like they changed the max population to almost nothing. On Playstation EU 10 reds are taking the whole map in the middle of the night when noone else is online.
    Disable cross-heals. We did before...
    Another great idea. Let's try everything that did not work again and again. It's fun to change everything all the time. People love it. If the other ideas do not work we should get rid of gear and abilities. Make naked fist fights great again!

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

Aside from the regular problems (like balance issues, set issues etc), the biggest problem we have is lag/desync. Basically performance. Since we are told not to expect anything "soon" since the re-coding takes too much time and even the results are not guaranteed, why don't we try small rulesets to see if there is any improvement or not.

1) Disable cross-heals. We did before, it is told there is no any effect but everyday the performance is worse than previous day.

i think it's really useful for an alliance in cyrodiil to have healers amongst its participants...healing is one of the key core roles within this type of game...
    2) Make Cyrodiil group vs group only. Temporarily (or permanently) retire 3-banner war, make it group vs group area and let's see if the lag is better - or game xD

i'm not sure why exactly folks assume everyone is the same...i've been in cyrodiil since fall 2015, i rarely if ever group...i have little desire to be grouped with others...i'm not sure why that's so difficult for so many to understand that there are quite a few of us whom feel this way...

People who need people is a beautiful song:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPlQ6EtArSc

just not too close is all...

i like this idea, it would be tough though with how the zone is currently laid out, and with only about 1,000 or so folks competing regularly each month on each platform/server within the cyrodiil maps ...

imagine though if we had cross-platform capabilities with consistently stable game performance...let's dream big :)
    4) I see GH is super populated (well hello lag) and would it be better if we revert RW ruleset back to original (no cp, yes proc) and then maybe the population would be spread more evenly so it will help things. IDK

nothing makes me happier to run in to some player out in the middle of nowhere and i have 1,000 or so more cp points than them :p
    What do you think guys? I am not sure ZOS will listen but at least worth a try!
    tumblr_mzf84wAELY1s87196o1_500.gif
    :)
    Edited by geonsocal on April 25, 2022 9:36PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭
    For sure the alliance war needs to change to stop zerging. Something between group on group and the current scenario seems best, with Cyrodiil split into sectors, and having a pop cap at each sector (there are even ways to preserve immersion while doing this). So if one side has 50 people in a sector they have to spread them between several keeps, enforcing small group play.

Yes, the hammer needs to be removed.

And proc scaling, healing and all gear and skill related issues need to be balanced.

Then it's worth venturing into