Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why am I always stuck?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
It seems in PVP I am always stuck.
When in combat, I can never get spell or shot off, I don't appear snared or stunned, or in middle of a cast.
I seem to just stand there and get killed.
It seems the other combatant gets off 4 or 5 hits before I do...hence death....

I am able to move...
Or is it just...sucking at pvp still?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    performance can be a real issue in cyrodiil...

it's very easy to die to invisible siege, not be able to use potions, or to have the first indication that you are taking damage occur while your character is just about to hit the ground dead...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @geonsocal

Are you saying it is lag? I have definitely have had the experience when I am in a battle, and not really engaged yet, then dead, and I get the glowing death screen (and once in a while some kind virtual person healz me)

Other time I just seem to be frozen, while other attack me, no scares or stuns...any attack or defend buttons, seem to do nothing. I thought it might have to do with my bluetooth connection, but it seems other non eso windows work..

Definitely during a lot of combat I sometimes struggle to know what is going on because it seems like frames go missing and it is it is like a flip book of images.

ugh...that sucks...I figure ESO is aware of it...

Tanks for sharing!

Z
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this lag?

I am on top of a keep defending. Yes, I am taking damage, so trying to heal my peeps.

While I can move, my Ultimate Remembrance won't fire. I can toss caltrops and cast living Dark, but all my other healing, won't fire.

Not sure if this is client side or lag.

Any1 else?

Tanks,

Z
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes it's lag.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be a combination of snares, roots, and stuns along with severe network latency and/or the server hamster completely dying. Combine that with many visual glitches on the client that don't always update you with a visual representation of what might be happening and you have a perfect storm.

Eventually you kinda get the feel for when stuff like this is happening and you tend to press a few common buttons that may or may not get you out of the situation. Sometimes it works. Usually it doesn't. If you get really good you can sometimes see what groups of players are about to do and then try to avoid the situation and space that it will likely happen in.

In the very worst cases where the server hamster IS dying there is literally nothing that can be reasonably done. Press buttons or whatever. It really doesn't even matter at that point. At your nearest convenience head back to base and port out of Cyrodiil. It's the only way to avoid situations like this.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    flipping dark convergence seems to thrive in lag...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zama666 if you roll most populated cyro campaign, then I would just suggest you to switch to something else. Especially in full uptime, it rarely NOT lags so hard you can't do anything, at best it's lags you can live with.

Try BGs, IC or third campaign.

(also it's not my business, but standalone Z letter got *a bit* of negative context these days)
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @divnyi ah, good point...I was in a locked and full campaign...did not realize this would make things go so sideways.

Of course those have the most people and best shenanigans!

(side note not sure why the letter Z is bad, I just use that to sign off because my handle is Zama666 - which goes WAY back to my Dungeons and Dragons name. What am I not understanding?)

Tanks!

(no letter today)