The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crashing on Startup after 1.0.6

geoffrey.kyrienub17_ESO
Been playing for a couple weeks with no issues, only the occasional crash after a long play session. Now, after updating to 1.0.6 my client won't even start, it crashes immediately.
[reporter]
version = 0.01

[extra]
ProductName = eso
Version = eso.live.1.0.6.976502
client.executablebits = 32
client.mode = startup
client.renderertype = OPENGL
client.session_start_timestamp = 2014-05-01T00:42:54.124Z
client.time_since_load = 0
client.uptime = 2.3
computer.name =
computer.user =
cpu.count = 4
data.depotid = 4000
data.dir = /Applications/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/game_mac/
data.syncm = databuild
data.version = 0.win.0.live.976502
exe.buildnum = 976502
exe.opt = release
exe.reltype = public
exe.type = client
gfx.description = NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M OpenGL Engine
gfx.deviceid = 0.0.0
gfx.driver = 2.1 NVIDIA-8.24.9 310.40.25f01
gfx.vendorid = 0
mem.current = 203
mem.peak = 203
mem.physical = 16384
os.platform = mac
os.version = 13C1021
reportfield.ver = 3

Tried repairing, it found no issue...I don't want to uninstall/reinstall because my internet sucks and it will take a week, at best, to dl the whole client.

Any one else experiencing this?
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you disable all addons? That can cause it if they become updated.

Otherwise try a Repair from the Launcher and see if that helps.
    Edited by Moonraker on May 1, 2014 1:00AM
  • geoffrey.kyrienub17_ESO
    I hadn't disabled addons, but I did just try that, same crash.

I had already tried to repair, twice, but I did it again, just in case. Still crashed.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hadn't disabled addons, but I did just try that, same crash.

I had already tried to repair, twice, but I did it again, just in case. Still crashed.
    Have you tried launching directly from the eso client directly? It's not recommended way but just to see if it works without using the Launcher.

On NA Mac install it is inside the Launcher itself so Right Click and select Show Package Contents then navigate to:

game_mac/pubplayerclient/eso.app

Do you have the settings live folder including the UserSettings.txt file?

/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/UserSettings.txt

Is the install in the default home HD location or on another partition or HD?

You can also confirm permissions are correct for the install:

Navigate to the Zenimax Online folder;
    /Applications/Zenimax Online

Right Click on the folder and select Get Info.

At the bottom under Sharing & Permissions (may need to click show drop down menu) Click the padlock icon on the bottom right and enter your Admin password at the prompt.

Set all the groups to Read & Write permissions. It's the way it is by default. Then click the small black cogwheel bottom left and select;

Apply to enclosed items...

Confirm and it will quickly update the folder and contents permissions.

You may want to reboot and then try again and see if it helps.
    Edited by Moonraker on May 1, 2014 1:36AM
    Moonraker wrote: »
    Have you tried launching directly from the eso client directly? It's not recommended way but just to see if it works without using the Launcher.

On NA Mac install it is inside the Launcher itself so Right Click and select Show Package Contents then navigate to:

You were incorrect about the location of the eso.app, but I found it and starting from the eso.app worked.

Yes, Yes, and Done.

Now it's magically working, even if I start from the launcher. All I really did was start it directly from the eso.app one time.

By the way, the eso.app was located in:
    /Applications/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/game_mac/pubplayerclient

Thanks for the help @Moonraker.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moonraker wrote: »

You were incorrect about the location of the eso.app, but I found it and starting from the eso.app worked.

Yes, Yes, and Done.

Now it's magically working, even if I start from the launcher. All I really did was start it directly from the eso.app one time.

By the way, the eso.app was located in:
    /Applications/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/game_mac/pubplayerclient

Thanks for the help @Moonraker.
    Happy to help and glad it worked for you.

I assumed it was in the Launcher because new installs for NA install are that way. I'm guessing you had yours since beta and why it's like Europe install which hasn't been patched yet. But thanks for confirming ;)

No idea why the two installs are different.
    Edited by Moonraker on May 1, 2014 2:18AM
    Well, not a beta tester, was invited but wasn't able to make any of the beta periods. My version of the game is actually from the retail install (i.e. a box with a pile of DVDs in it). Even after installing from the physical retail version there is like 20 GB of patches to install though, heh. It's possible the digital version installed differently...or maybe the retail version ships with the beta version and just updates from that.

Either way, working great now...and I have some new things to try next time this happens :wink:
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, not a beta tester, was invited but wasn't able to make any of the beta periods. My version of the game is actually from the retail install (i.e. a box with a pile of DVDs in it). Even after installing from the physical retail version there is like 20 GB of patches to install though, heh. It's possible the digital version installed differently...or maybe the retail version ships with the beta version and just updates from that.

Either way, working great now...and I have some new things to try next time this happens :wink:
    OK, that also explains it as it's using the older way but both work so... ;)