Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Using the armory system with dungeon finder

MidniteOwl1913
MidniteOwl1913
✭✭✭✭✭
So I have been wondering how the armory system works with the finder. So I'm in a dungeon as a DPS, the healer bails. The crown asks for a replacement. If I then use the armory system to change to my healer (which will set my role to healer) does anyone know what will happen? Will we still get a healer and now have two? Or will it slot in a new DPS? If I'm the crown and do the same thing without asking for a replacement until I've changed roles?

I'm thinking of trying it but thought I would ask first to see if anyone else had tried it.

PS5/NA
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The armory system doesn't change your role to healer. You can change to healer sets, but your role remains as dd when doing so. But you can change your role manually anytime, as long as the leader haven't searched for a replacement yet.

So yes, you can use the armory to swap your role inside a running dungeon.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The armory system doesn't change your role to healer. You can change to healer sets, but your role remains as dd when doing so. But you can change your role manually anytime, as long as the leader haven't searched for a replacement yet.

So if the leader has asked for a replacement healer I can change my build to healer, which would normally set my role to healer, and that won't happen is that what you are saying? So we would have two healers at that point. Okay, thanks for the info!
    PS5/NA
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So if the leader has asked for a replacement healer I can change my build to healer, which would normally set my role to healer, and that won't happen is that what you are saying? So we would have two healers at that point. Okay, thanks for the info!

When changing your build with the armory, it won't change your role automatically. It's still on the wishlist of the players for the armory.
    You have to switch your role manually first and this only works, when the queue is not started.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To second what @RealLoveBVB said, it will change your build but not your group role. But I hope they do not change the way this works currently to changing your group role. I tank a good number of random dungeons and every now and then I will end up with a weak DPS group. When that happens, I can use the armory to change my tank (its an actual tank build) to a DD build and speed up the run. Obviously, this can't be done if you actually need a tank, but it has been helpful.