The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

EPIC fighting by Nefarrius 51 on 2022/04/20

Crown
Crown
✭✭✭✭✭
This is what PvP players look forward to during prime time!
https://youtu.be/G8yDJ0y2XlY
Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip] got dumpstered by load screens

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 22, 2022 6:18PM
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight was the first time I actually got angry at the game. The performance is absolutely atrocious. Skills not going off, CC'd to oblivion (does CC immunity not exist anymore?) and kept losing fight after fight because of it.

I'm really wondering what's happening to all the money being made by this game. I suppose it's going into developing a card game that noone wants (the smug advertising of which as a "new form of PvP" is an insult to people who've begged for PVP fixes for years). So they can charge $60 for an expansion with less content than the average DLC.

It's gotten beyond ridiculous at this point. We're stuck in this weird hanlon's razor situation where I can't tell if the devs are just really bad at fixing their game or are deliberately leaving it in a state of disrepair. Which is a very bad look for the company.
    Edited by neferpitou73 on April 23, 2022 4:34AM
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no evidence that ZOS has EVER put any noteworthy effort or finances behind fixing any performance issues in regards to cyrodiil.

The results speak for themselves. The current state of the game speaks to how much effort has gone into fulfilling nearly 5 years of "commitments" ZOS has made to the player base.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag reached new depths tonight. I was in the middle of burning an enemy camp (in prime time slide show mode, mind you) when the screen went black, and I got kicked to the main log in screen with "An error has occurred." Clicked login, and got "This account is already logged in." Clicked Quit, logged in from the patcher, character select, into Cyrodiil. Loaded in right where the camp was, and my faction had already flipped the keep. And this is on my Win 10 system with i7 and 1660 Super. My Win 7 system would have crashed long before that.

This kind of nonsense has been happening with increasing regularity. The zone chat was filled with lag complaints, allies on my friends list were coming and going as they got kicked and logged back in.... it was a nightmare. Clearly sharding didn't help, removing most of our achievements didn't help, the tiny population caps aren't helping.... and they say maybe sometime next year they will start working on it.

But people are still trying to play. The concept is sound, and the action is fantastic, when it works. I don't understand why they aren't prioritizing fixing PvP? And it's insulting to even reference a card game virtually no one asked for as "PvP". Plus card sharks will get a leaderboard, but not Imperial City. Why?

Edited by Jaraal on April 24, 2022 6:27AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's bad. :/
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    The lag reached new depths tonight. I was in the middle of burning an enemy camp (in prime time slide show mode, mind you) when the screen went black, and I got kicked to the main log in screen with "An error has occurred." Clicked login, and got "This account is already logged in." Clicked Quit, logged in from the patcher, character select, into Cyrodiil. Loaded in right where the camp was, and my faction had already flipped the keep. And this is on my Win 10 system with i7 and 1660 Super. My Win 7 system would have crashed long before that.

This kind of nonsense has been happening with increasing regularity. The zone chat was filled with lag complaints, allies on my friends list were coming and going as they got kicked and logged back in.... it was a nightmare. Clearly sharding didn't help, removing most of our achievements didn't help, the tiny population caps aren't helping.... and they say maybe sometime next year they will start working on it.

But people are still trying to play. The concept is sound, and the action is fantastic, when it works. I don't understand why they aren't prioritizing fixing PvP? And it's insulting to even reference a card game virtually no one asked for as "PvP". Plus card sharks will get a leaderboard, but not Imperial City. Why?

Those were some epic, and I mean epic fights tonight. Just imagine how awesome it could have been if the game actually functioned, instead of booting everyone constantly.
  • Sarousse42
    Sarousse42
    ✭✭✭
    Did you check your internet router ? :D
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse42 wrote: »
    Did you check your internet router ? :D

He should check to see if he has a valid internet connection
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown

At least you got the bug report screen, I just crash to the desktop after freezing. :/
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wondered why we haven't seen you around as much lately crown. ...it's the same reason so many others have moved on or given up on cyrodiil.

This weekend was yet again especially bad. This has been going on long enough that many players just don't log on during prime time or the weekends anymore. It's just too frustrating.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wondered why we haven't seen you around as much lately crown. ...it's the same reason so many others have moved on or given up on cyrodiil.

We lost a few regular players for exactly those reasons, and last reset we left EP and went to AD trying to find some fresh blood. It’s nice to be back to my roots ;-)
    Edited by Crown on April 25, 2022 1:11PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com