Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Feeling Weak and Squishy in PvP (Sorcerer)

Nausea
Nausea
Soul Shriven
I don't think this is normal and am looking for a bit of help. I'm dying within the time it takes to get out of a stun which also makes me feel like I have nowhere near as much burst as these classes.

I'm a R3 Veteran at the moment and am using double destro staff (single target on one and aoe on the other).

My attributes are M20 H19 S10

Cloth wearer (all my gear is Veteran)

Is it normal to die this fast as a cloth wearer? Or am I going to have to sacrifice some of my DPS for defensive abilities like Bound Amor?
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    You've given no details of your build whatsoever, nor specified what skills you use and passives you trait for, or what rotation you use.

But your stat allocation is wrong. If you're not making infused gear yourself, your attribute budget should all go to health at veteran ranks, moreso in your case because you're pure cloth with little defenses from what I read in your post so you need the health pool to absorb the damage spikes while your damage does the work.

And the best way to stay alive in veteran ranks is to block the stuff you didn't bother to block while leveling. Thrown knives will easily take out one third to half your health looking at your armor, and uppercut will CC you long enough to lose over half your health.

And you need self healing. Hopefully you have magelight, blood magic, and spam the hell out of crystal shards and encase.
  • Nausea
    Nausea
    Soul Shriven
    Didn't think my rotation was important because I'm talking more about my durability, not so much my damage. I block and dodge everything pretty well for the most part, my problem is mostly dying during the duration of a 3 second stun. I'm going to change my attributes to all health like you said and give that a try.
  • KoooZ
    KoooZ
    ✭✭
    Hold right click + left click breaks stun and makes you immune to it for 8 seconds a the cost of 50% of your stamina.