Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maelstrom Arena, Sotha Sil's involvement?

moleculardrugs
moleculardrugs
✭✭✭✭
There are two stages in Maelstrom Arena that uses Clockwork City as an arena stage.

I am just wondering if Sotha Sil is even aware of this or plays a part in this lol

"It's not all clockwork," Fa-Nuit-Hen says.

Did Sotha Sil and him come up with an agreement or something? Fa-Nuit-Hen seems like a chill demi-prince so I don't think he's "bad" like the other "bad Daedra" the Tribunal speak about (House of Troubles I think is the name).
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 23, 2022 5:08PM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did Sotha Sil and him come up with an agreement or something? Fa-Nuit-Hen seems like a chill demi-prince so I don't think he's "bad" like the other "bad Daedra" the Tribunal speak about (House of Troubles I think is the name).

The Velothi (and later Dunmer) considered themselves being descendants of the so-called "Good Daedra" Azura, Boethia and Mephala - until worship ended with the rise of the Tribunal who replaced them (well, except for the Ashlanders who don't worship the Tribunal but kept their old gods). In opposition to that, there are the "Bad Daedra" (also called House of Troubles or Testing Gods) Mehrunes Dagon, Molag Bal, Malacath and Sheogorath.

Concerning Fa-Nuit-Hen (who is linked to Boethia, one of the "Good Daedra"), there is a reference to him in the Lessons of Vivec that indicates (if true) that there had been contact between him and the Tribunal. It is mentioned that he gave Vivec fighting lessons. And then, there's also some dialogue from him that he fought at Sotha Sil's side. So - it's possible. Although you have to keep in mind that both Vivec and Daedric beings aren't most reliable, Vivec being a vivid storyteller and Daedra... well, being Daedra ;)
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the two stages referenced by the original poster to be Dwemer, not Clockwork City themed. Although Sotha Sil’s designs have some similarities to that of the Dwemer, they are completely different things.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »
    I find the two stages referenced by the original poster to be Dwemer, not Clockwork City themed. Although Sotha Sil’s designs have some similarities to that of the Dwemer, they are completely different things.

The stages are even called "Seht's Balcony" and "Seht's Flywheel" ;) Although they include both clockwork fabricants and Dwemer constructs as enemies.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that's more because when vMA came out, we didn't have CWC, so the assets they used were dwemer-style, but there's definitely reference to Sotha Sil, like the above comment said.

Also, I think Fruit Nut Hen is one of the most dangerous entities despite the chill demeanour, for one, he does state he intends to take over the world, and a person who comes up with such a sadistic place as vMA is not to be taken lightly :lol:
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

The Velothi (and later Dunmer) considered themselves being descendants of the so-called "Good Daedra" Azura, Boethia and Mephala - until worship ended with the rise of the Tribunal who replaced them (well, except for the Ashlanders who don't worship the Tribunal but kept their old gods). In opposition to that, there are the "Bad Daedra" (also called House of Troubles or Testing Gods) Mehrunes Dagon, Molag Bal, Malacath and Sheogorath.

Concerning Fa-Nuit-Hen (who is linked to Boethia, one of the "Good Daedra"), there is a reference to him in the Lessons of Vivec that indicates (if true) that there had been contact between him and the Tribunal. It is mentioned that he gave Vivec fighting lessons. And then, there's also some dialogue from him that he fought at Sotha Sil's side. So - it's possible. Although you have to keep in mind that both Vivec and Daedric beings aren't most reliable, Vivec being a vivid storyteller and Daedra... well, being Daedra ;)

That is so cool! Have you read the Lessons of Vivec? Your knowledge is so vast and impressive frfr
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

I think that's more because when vMA came out, we didn't have CWC, so the assets they used were dwemer-style, but there's definitely reference to Sotha Sil, like the above comment said.

Also, I think Fruit Nut Hen is one of the most dangerous entities despite the chill demeanour, for one, he does state he intends to take over the world, and a person who comes up with such a sadistic place as vMA is not to be taken lightly :lol:

He does seem pretty dangerous but his Barons all disappear after awhile right? I don’t really know who he trains or where his training grounds would be. Because it quickly fades from his memory he might actually not be as dangerous because he relies on his tutor to remember everything for him. He is very interesting though.

There’s numerous mention to multiple Barons (I am probably using the wrong word here 😅), but every time you beat MA, the baron who moves like smoke plumes or something comes out. I feel like MA might be extended later and more Barons will appear. It would be cool if Maelstrom was given its own Chapter/own solo storyline (maybe!).