The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The streak bug is back!

Crown
Crown
✭✭✭✭✭
BUG ID: 220408-004040

https://i.imgur.com/Ayy8e4o.jpg
Edited by Crown on April 9, 2022 1:02AM
Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does it actually effect streak cost? Or just a ui bug?
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiphis wrote: »

The short version: In certain conditions, notably high server-side lag, when you are streaked while being otherwise cc’ed by something else you get a “Streak” status that lasts effectively forever - until you leave PvP land (go to Cheesemongers or port out of Cyrodiil). While the status is active, you can’t sprint (while on foot or while mounted).

This bug has existed for many years, and more or less kills playability for the time it takes you to get in and out of Cheesemongers, sometimes 10-15 minutes of trying to get out with “the campaign is full” error messages.
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »

The short version: In certain conditions, notably high server-side lag, when you are streaked while being otherwise cc’ed by something else you get a “Streak” status that lasts effectively forever - until you leave PvP land (go to Cheesemongers or port out of Cyrodiil). While the status is active, you can’t sprint (while on foot or while mounted).

This bug has existed for many years, and more or less kills playability for the time it takes you to get in and out of Cheesemongers, sometimes 10-15 minutes of trying to get out with “the campaign is full” error messages.

Ah, don't play my sorc much in pvp so never had this come up.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »

Ah, don't play my sorc much in pvp so never had this come up.

Nobody plays Sorc anymore, there’s a reason for it. Horrible game design and a poor job by the dev team.

I can confirm this bug, it’s annoying.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You see less sorcs not because they've been nerfed (they haven't) but because people flock to whatever class gives you the most damage and survivability, and right now that's dk.

Most of the people I know who run sorc exclusively are on DKs right now.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure the bug goes away if you die and respawn, that’s going to happen a LOT as a Sorc. Stam or Magicka.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minalan @TheEndBringer The bug applies to people who are streaked, not the sorc doing the streaking. We see it every single time we're out there raiding.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only news to me here is that the streak bug ever went away.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only news to me here is that the streak bug ever went away.
    ROFL - Very true

Gotta love ESO, had like 5 burnings, 2 maims and a couple of other 100 year debuffs on me the other day after a big fight. Next was my bar just greyed out and no skills could be used, went to Cheesemongers, came out and had the break free bug, and the stupid message wouldn't go away. I seriously question my sanity for even playing under these circumstances, but have some good friends and the game still has it's "moments", which I guess are all ZOS is willing to give us, as opposed to it working full time like we pay for.