The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Malacath vs Weapon/Spell damage

UntouchableHunter
UntouchableHunter
✭✭✭✭
How many weapon/spell damage I need to get the same 16% damage increased like malacath?

For exemplo if one skill does 10k damage, with malacath will be 11,600k damage before buffs

How much weapon/spell damage should I get to improve the same 1,600k before buffs?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 24, 2022 8:22PM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just test it as a vamp? Put on malacath, then frenzy until the stacks give you enough damage to equal out
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It depends on many variables (Sorcery, Medium Armor, DW, etc). There's not a straight conversion.

For some quick math, you can use 129 weapon/spell damage = 1.54% damage

Ballpark range is 1200 to 1400 weapon/spell damage = Malacath

It varies depending on ability coefficient.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on April 24, 2022 3:20AM
    PC NA
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    It depends on many variables (Sorcery, Medium Armor, DW, etc). There's not a straight conversion.

For some quick math, you can use 129 weapon/spell damage = 1.54% damage

Ballpark range is 1200 to 1400 weapon/spell damage = Malacath

If it is all this amount, then Malacath is huge for raw damage.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean no other mythic can give all this amount of weapon dmg. Maybe Thrassian.
  • Mophett
    Mophett
    I would actually say its more around 460 weapon / spell damage even though that goes against the maths previously posted in above discussion.
    Do some tests yourself and see what you come up with.
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a lot of WD, but at the expense of not being able to crit, don't forget that.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mophett wrote: »
    I would actually say its more around 460 weapon / spell damage even though that goes against the maths previously posted in above discussion.
    Do some tests yourself and see what you come up with.

It's a little tricky to theorycraft due to the complexity of the damage formula and skill coefficients.

Here's a controlled test using Crystal Fragments.

3679 Spell Damage Base = 6364 damage done
    3979 Spell Damage (+300) = 6649 damage done (+4.48% or 66.96 spell damage per 1% damage)
    4444 Spell Damage (+765) = 7089 damage done (+11.39% or 67.16 spell damage per 1% damage)

So roughly 2% damage per 129 spell damage.

Based on the above test, Malacath is approximately 1000 weapon or spell damage +/- 100.
    PC NA
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

It varies depending on ability coefficient.

This. On my PvP MagPlar, I multiply whatever spell damage a modifier would be by 1.41 based on my set up. So 129 SD fully buffed is about 182. The thing with Malacath is the more actual damage output you do, the more it helps, but it also does not effect non-damage things like heals and shields. For Malacath to be most effective, you would want to focus on high damage output (penetration/SD/max mag, etc), so it becomes a trade off depending on your build.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post