For a veteran coming back, where would you focus on coming back up to speed?

sarbonn
sarbonn
✭✭✭
I've been out a few years, and I'm in the process of reinstalling the game to play again. I had a bunch of 50th level characters, but I suspect I'm not going to have a clue how to swing a sword when I finally get back into the game.

If you were restarting over, where and what would you focus on for at least the beginning of the new adventure? And there's probably a lot of time to let me know because I've been downloading this game from Steam all morning long, and I'm still about half way. :smile:
Clueless, but willing to learn.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a long pause i start a new character, to gradually learn everything.
    Now we got armory to change builds (skill morphs, cp, attributes) and companions to help with tanking.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lot is changed so you will need to read about skills, gear, classes, and races. You could read that online or wait until you can log in. If you remember which class you preferred to play, start with that.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some important things to note which may confuse you on logging in:
    • Achievements are now account-wide instead of per character. It’s worth noting this has caused some issues with figuring out what you have or haven’t completed on each character, and you may be greeted by NPCs as if you have accomplished certain quests which your current character did not actually complete. Titles are shared between characters now too.
    • Do you remember how Ultimate abilities scaled from your highest stats? Now all abilities work this way. Aka “hybridization” is the nickname we use for this.

Here is a list of all DLCs. They are listed in the order of their release dates so you may be able to know where you left off.
  • sarbonn
    sarbonn
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information. I'm slowly diving in, trying to get back up to speed.
    Clueless, but willing to learn.