The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Unable to get Alchemy Writs

aneova_ESO
aneova_ESO
✭✭✭
Logged in today to do my usual crafting run and none of my characters are seeing Alchemy Writs, i did yesterdays today (didn't have time to get them done so saved them today). Anyone else having this issue?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneova_ESO wrote: »
    Logged in today to do my usual crafting run and none of my characters are seeing Alchemy Writs, i did yesterdays today (didn't have time to get them done so saved them today). Anyone else having this issue?

It was changed in the last update due to people exploiting alchemy writs using the Armory system. But instead of fixing the bug, where you could do multiple per day if you changed your alchemy rank, they made it so you can only do 1 set of alchemy writs per day regardless of the "rotation" and if you've saved them from the previous day.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    aneova_ESO wrote: »

It was changed in the last update due to people exploiting alchemy writs using the Armory system. But instead of fixing the bug, where you could do multiple per day if you changed your alchemy rank, they made it so you can only do 1 set of alchemy writs per day regardless of the "rotation" and if you've saved them from the previous day.

So that is what happened! I wondered the exact same thing. Really annoying when a "fix" breaks the game and other long-term issues still remain.

At least I know why thought! Thanks!

I was going to post asking if the alchemy rotation changed, which seemed more likely (though odd).

So we either truly do them "daily" or give up on the alchemy one if trying to do 2 days together as we have been doing for years. Sigh.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is something wrong with the new system, though. I have been doing all the daily crafting writs every day during the event on all toons and turning them in at the same time every day, and I seem to pick up an alchemy writ but when I get to the table there is no quest for it. I go back to the board but there is nothing to pick up.

Has anyone else had this happen?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is something wrong with the new system, though. I have been doing all the daily crafting writs every day during the event on all toons and turning them in at the same time every day, and I seem to pick up an alchemy writ but when I get to the table there is no quest for it. I go back to the board but there is nothing to pick up.

Are you sure you did it the day before, not that it was pre-crafted and turned in prior to this process? I know I saw some oddities in this area when I had queued items, but not if I was going from scratch, as far as I noticed.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Are you sure you did it the day before, not that it was pre-crafted and turned in prior to this process? I know I saw some oddities in this area when I had queued items, but not if I was going from scratch, as far as I noticed.

I don’t pre-craft items, but the alchemy ones when crafted with full passives make more than I need for one daily writ, so I did have some in my inventory, not sure which ones.

That’s irrelevant though, since I make sure I have all completed writs turned in each day. There was no uncompleted quest ready to turn in that would have blocked me from picking up another alchemy quest. I would have seen that in my quest log.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don’t pre-craft items, but the alchemy ones when crafted with full passives make more than I need for one daily writ, so I did have some in my inventory, not sure which ones.

That’s irrelevant though, since I make sure I have all completed writs turned in each day. There was no uncompleted quest ready to turn in that would have blocked me from picking up another alchemy quest. I would have seen that in my quest log.

No idea from me then, though the simplest explanation was that it wasn't properly turned in as you thought.

(NOTE: I am not disputing your claim, just noting what often happens to me personally when I am convinced I did something differently.)

Too bad ZOS doesn't note the specifics here.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on April 21, 2022 5:25AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No idea from me then, though the simplest explanation was that it wasn't properly turned in as you thought.

(NOTE: I am not disputing your claim, just noting what often happens to me personally when I am convinced I did something differently.)

Yeah it could be user error one time, but generally if I mess up once it tends to stick with me and I don’t do it again. Like upgrading a set to purple before trying it out. Lol.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah it could be user error one time, but generally if I mess up once it tends to stick with me and I don’t do it again. Like upgrading a set to purple before trying it out. Lol.

I have done a variation of the latter too many times, even knowing better....

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ha, that was very early on in my crafting days and I didn’t have many purple improvement mats, so it was painful and made an impression on me.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA