The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The one thing you want to see.....

Brimsurfer
Brimsurfer
✭✭
So what's the one thing, you think, the game lacks and you want to see it implemented or improved?

For me it's two,

1) The character design: There aren't many memorable characters in this game. Cadwall (or however its spelled) is probably the only memorable character in the game and he is not so memorable either. Daedra lords and princes are of course iconic characters but only due to the courtesy of previous ES games, the way Daedric Princes are portrayed in ESO, they seem like only ordinary characters. And the Council of War? Who are they I have forgotten them already....

This is one thing that Blizzard gets right, they know how to create memorable characters. Please don't get flamed by the mention of Blizzard, the only reason I mentioned Blizzard is because they are the biggest competitors of ESO.

2) Dialogue Refinement / Better Script: Script in this game is unrefined. Don't get me wrong I love long dialogues and I love to read as well but in ESO, you may engage with an NPC in a dialogue for 5 minutes and you may still learn nothing because all that NPC did is just repeat himself sentence after sentence, saying essentially the same thing over and over again in different words. The same information could be delivered in two sentences in very RPG manner instead of eight long sentences.

So for me its better character design and script refinement. I would very much like to see what the community thinks about how we can improve the game so feel free to post your ideas.
  • Covarnis
    Covarnis
    ✭✭
    Brimsurfer wrote: »
    This is one thing that Blizzard gets right, they know how to create memorable characters. Please don't get flamed by the mention of Blizzard, the only reason I mentioned Blizzard is because they are the biggest competitors of ESO.

Excuse me, maybe that's just my taste, but in WoW all the characters, stories, dialogues etc. to my taste are too shallow, generic fantasy type (hear, seen, read in many many other places), I couldn't connect with any single quest or story. (I'm not speaking about all solid things that game has, I mean all the stories and lore are just very meh IMHO). Probably it might be connected to the start of Warcraft franchise (real time strategy game), which had to be Warhammer, but wasn't licensed…

Anyway, back to topic - I'm really enjoying all the random (sometimes funny, sometimes intriguing, sometimes strange) conversations you can have with non-quest NPCs.. Some of them travel from town to town (so you can meet people you helped in quests very early on in some inn two zones later), and you can have a nice chat with them. What I really miss is maybe ability to have more conversation paths. Usually it's just something pre-scripted. In that case I would rather see the word "continue" instead of my single dialogue option (and imagine what I say myself!). If you have to make choice (which is not too often), or to ask about something I would also prefer for it to be articulated in a simple way like "ask about fruits" "ask about vegetables", or - in case of "red" choices - "let him live" or "kill him", without all the emotional thing you "say" according to the script. I'm pretty much think that Morrowind dialogue system was actually quite superior to anything else ;) Too bad you would need do so much more voice acting to make conversations more versatile. Having in mind the amount of NPCs in game… Well, it's probably huge.

In example, during mages guild quest line I really wanted to actually cheer and thank Sheogorath for all the fun he was providing (and I did agree with him on most of the things - extremely wise guy, even if it's masked with "insanity"), instead I had to click on pre-scripted responses which attitude "ok, you madman, what else will you force me to do?". I were more like "that was fun! respect man, give me more of this!" ;)