Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is the Reworked Imperial Passive Bad for DPS?

Shagreth
Shagreth
✭✭✭✭✭
I am curious if anyone has done the math, I see literally no-one recommend imperials for DPS or anything other than tank for that matter. Especially considering the fact that I run vampire (don't ask...) wouldn't -6% reduction for all abilities help? I hear necromancers (and vampires) favor high HP pools, though I don't yet know why as I'm new to the class so perhaps Imperial could be a viable choice? Or maybe I'm grasping at straws since I kinda like Imperials.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just be an Imperial if you enjoy the race - your selection doesn't matter for DPS in basically all realistic content.

Focus instead on practicing your rotation. It is going to be infinitely more impactful to your damage than your choice of race or having golden gear (non-weapons, that is), etc.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the best, but Imperial damage is better now than it has been in years. Sure they are missing 258 weapon and spell damage compared to some races, but that's only about 3-4% DPS lost. In exchange they get a massive health pool, cheaper ultimates, and better sustain (which is finally a benefit again since Bahsei seems to be dying off in favor of Relequen and Whorl).

It's slightly better for stamina builds than magicka, given the 2000 bonus. However recent hybrid changes mean that even Magicka costing spells can scale with your higher stamina pool. It can get a little tricky balancing buffs and sustain, but there are a lot of interesting options.

I can say with certainty that Imperial DPS can succeed at any content in ESO.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the super detailed reply, that answers my question. I'll go ahead and make one, the extra health will definitely help a little with surviving mechanics, too.
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not the best, but Imperial damage is better now than it has been in years. Sure they are missing 258 weapon and spell damage compared to some races, but that's only about 3-4% DPS lost. In exchange they get a massive health pool, cheaper ultimates, and better sustain (which is finally a benefit again since Bahsei seems to be dying off in favor of Relequen and Whorl).

It's slightly better for stamina builds than magicka, given the 2000 bonus. However recent hybrid changes mean that even Magicka costing spells can scale with your higher stamina pool. It can get a little tricky balancing buffs and sustain, but there are a lot of interesting options.

Can they succeed? Undoubtedly, but the issue isnt success per se but rather ease of success. When I first started playing ESO on my Breton magplar, I had this extremely clunky hybrid build before I learned I should streamline into magic. That being said, im rather happy and hopeful there's effort being made to make viable hybrid classes.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resource management races could use another pass as far as PVE goes. As was already mentioned you can be viable with any race, but I noticed that ever since the hybrid changes resource regeneration hasn’t been an issue for any of my characters, solo, small groups, or trials. It already wasn’t an issue for most stamina classes, but even more so now, you could just pile on more skills that use up your off-stat, since there are so many to choose from now. It just makes the race choice seem like half are slightly gimped for no reason, but by all means they’re all perfectly capable since we’re talking about a power gap of 4% give or take

I’ve been playing a stam warden (historically one of the worst resource hogs) in all Bahsei light armor, and have no resource issues at all on Dunmer since it’s simple enough to cast mystic orbs, scalding rune, winters revenge + Fetcher infection in my rotation. When there’s more magicka piling up, as often happens, I’ll just recast scalding rune as needed to keep Bahsei buffed.
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on April 22, 2022 6:29PM
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be an Imperial if you enjoy the race - your selection doesn't matter for DPS in basically all realistic content.

Focus instead on practicing your rotation. It is going to be infinitely more impactful to your damage than your choice of race or having golden gear (non-weapons, that is), etc.

Agree with this… I currently main an imperial and do just fine as a tank or DD in both pve and pvp.