Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Way for chat window to pesist and show game responses.

Ghyndui
Ghyndui
Soul Shriven
Hi. I'm taking advantage of ESO's free weekend.
I've played other MMO's like WoW, SWTOR, STO, and DAoC.
I'm wondering if there's a way to keep the chat window visible at all times.
Also, wondering what I can do to show game responses. Things like leveling a skill. They flash briefly on my screen, but if I'm in a fight I miss them, and I haven't figured out a way to display them again.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi hi, welcome! Hope you enjoy the free weekend.

There's a little setting icon in the chat window (hit Enter or something to make the chat window appear), and I believe there's a setting for "fade time", among a few other things. Hope that works.

As far as skill-leveling messages and whatnot, I don't know of a way to see them after they show up. But check your skills every now and then—you might have unlocked one : p
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think there may be addons which could support directing a lot of those brief popup messages to the chat as system messages

for the chat window itself, there are addons such as pchat which can prevent the chat window and text from fading as well as some additional customizations that the base game does not support (such as persistent chat, so it will load the last several messages you received before switching toons for example)

i do not know offhand though if there is an addon to redirect all the popup messages into a chat tab, would have to look through minion
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities