The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Infinite loadscreen before server/character select AGAIN after maintenance XB

LurgidBean
LurgidBean
✭✭✭✭
I know you're just going to direct me to the old threads, and tell me the same things that haven't worked in the past...but how do you fix a problem and then continually reintroduce it?!

I delete my local save data and restart my Xbox. That works sometimes. Sometimes it works after 3 tries. So far this morning it hasn't worked at all. No other game has this issue, it's not my connection or my Xbox. It legit takes me an hour or more to log in. Last time, redownloading the game did not fix the error.

Same issue here, and I could probably dig up 3 more threads about this at least
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/586525/infinite-load-screen-loop

It was fixed. Now it isn't. This is very frustrating.
Edited by LurgidBean on April 13, 2022 1:51PM
Xbox NA/EU
"Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been over an hour trying to log in this morning.

When this happens and I restart my game, I get the long load screen and occasionally the error "Loading profile failed" and it says "You do not currently have network connectivity. This title requires a network connection as well as access to the XBox network" But I do, because my other games and streaming on my Xbox works.

Any specific troubleshooting with this additional information?
    Xbox NA/EU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The connection troubleshooting below may help if ESO is losing connection to the servers temporarily.

Connection Troubleshooting - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Skift
    Skift
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue with loading screens. I have cleared my cache, my saves, restarted my Xbox and modem, and checked to make sure all my ports were open. Still, every time I try to login to my account I am greeted with This may be an unusually long load time and a server kick with error 308. I haven't been able to log in for 2 days now.
    Edited by Skift on April 14, 2022 8:53PM
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turns out that being placed into the 1sec log-in queue is enough for the game to create a corrupted save file (or whatever it is doing) making me have to do the delete data, restart Xbox, router etc cycle again.

So not only do I have log in issues that won't be addressed, but the introduction of the queue for the Free Play event also destroys any chance of logging in normally without spending 15 minutes resetting everything for another attempt that might not even work!
    Xbox NA/EU
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I get lucky and the game begins to load normally, even occasionally allowing me to get to the "announcements" screen, as soon as the theme music stops I know that ESO has already created whatever ERROR file causes this issue, and I won't be able to log in this time without resetting everything again. Again, I only get one attempt to log in, if it isn't successful, then I have to erase save game data, power cycle my xb and router and try again. And again. I have not found a series of steps that fixes the issue each time. It only occurs with ESO. I'm on my 5th or 6th reset this morning.

On another note, sometimes the announcement screen is empty and says "Can't retrieve announcements" which sounds like a server connection issue, but getting that error doesn't seem to have correlation between being able to log in or not in that attempt. I've gotten that error and can log in without issue.
    Edited by LurgidBean on April 17, 2022 4:59PM
    Xbox NA/EU
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    This morning, I load up the game on a fresh restart and get a "Server timed out" error message instantly, which then segues into an infinite loadscreen. There was no attempt to connect before giving the timeout error, just automatic error message.

Even though I did a complete data delete, shut down & restart 8 hours later...is the game still seeing my Server Timeout from the night before? And that's why it won't reconnect me?

Again, there are no other games or apps with this behavior. This behavior has been reported multiple times specifically relating to Xbox and ESO.

Is there someone at Microsoft to contact that may have a better solution?
    Xbox NA/EU
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I noticed this also, the big update came, things were fine, then the new recent patch....infinite load screens came back
    Just wow.

Is someone not reading the notes from the dev that fixed this issue? Were there notes made to begin with?

Either way, the infinite load screen is back.
    And again, it was fixed when we downloaded the big update (33) , then came this incremental patch ( about 1 gig) , and then returned the infinite loading.

Imagine, all the new players just no longer coming back because of this nonsense. Here we go again
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game Instability
    I can freeze the game 100% of the time by
    -Attempt log in
    -Allow "Unusually Long Load Time" before character select to time out (amount of time before this error message varies)
    -Get error 308 Lost Connection Due to Inactivity
    -Press A to start and reconnect
    -Game freezes completely and must be shut down through Xbox menu

And still can't get into the game.
    @ZOS_Kevin can we get an acknowledgement or this moved to Bug Reportsand some action may be taken? The old threads were closed.

Again, this error was fixed and was reintroduced and PEOPLE CAN'T LOG IN. This should be a priority over other fixes since you should know exactly what is causing it.
    Xbox NA/EU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @LurgidBean

Have you submitted a ticket yet into customer support providing details on this login/freezing issue?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭
    LurgidBean wrote: »
    Game Instability
    I can freeze the game 100% of the time by
    -Attempt log in
    -Allow "Unusually Long Load Time" before character select to time out (amount of time before this error message varies)
    -Get error 308 Lost Connection Due to Inactivity
    -Press A to start and reconnect
    -Game freezes completely and must be shut down through Xbox menu

And still can't get into the game.
    @ZOS_Kevin can we get an acknowledgement or this moved to Bug Reportsand some action may be taken? The old threads were closed.

Again, this error was fixed and was reintroduced and PEOPLE CAN'T LOG IN. This should be a priority over other fixes since you should know exactly what is causing it.

Since the part time forum employees can't do a thing about this, I just want to let you know I appreciate your posts regarding this and this needs major top priority attention