Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for off-meta Magcro BG builds for Ascending Tides

WordsOfPower
WordsOfPower
✭✭✭
Hi guys

I have builds I really like for all other class combinations.
However, I am looking for something for the Magcro that is powerful but doesn't use:

- Dark Convergence
- Harmony jewelry
- Plaguebreak

And, if possible, has a really cool idea behind it

I'm assuming DW and Resto, but I can respec to Destro and Resto if required

Toon is Altmer
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quite honestly any other build is going to be subpar to those as I'm sure you probably realized.

The issue is the basic toolkit for the magcro:

Bone Tyrant line is mostly utility. Scythe is cool and solid on a tank but not sure you want to go mostly tank. Grave grasp is okay but mostly falls more into the utility category and is limited in power as most run RAT/Forward momentum. Plus the aiming of it is hard.

Living Death is all heals. Useful but no damage.

Grave lord is the issue. Flaming skull is very telegraphed and so ends up one of the weaker spammables. Blastbones is obviously good and necessary. Boneyard is nearly useless for you unless you plan on running with others to use the synergy for you. Mage summon is basically just a dot with no instant damage on use and isn't effected by the increasing dot necro passive, deadly or the cp. Siphon is a "dot" that needs to be aimed constantly.

Dcon makes it much easier to land colossus ult so you'll get less mileage out of that but it probably is still your best ult.

Stamcro could go a dot spec but magcro doesn't have much access to dots. BRP destro spam used to work well but will end up worse without harmony and dcon to pair with boneyard and colossus.
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I'll put her away in the vault and dig her out when there are some interesting changes or new sets.
    I refuse to use Dcon. I actually think the set should be removed. But not looking to start another thread about that. There are plenty lol
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    Will pre-face by saying I do not play Magcro since the full-proc abuse build nerfs. But I know people use played this set in the past.

You could build around Unleashed Ritualist, makes Blast Bones into mini-nukes. Could be one barred too so you can form it into the standard build setup.

Magma Incarnate
    Unleashed Ritualist one bar
    Death Dealers Fete / Markyn
    1x Trainee
    Then choice of any other meta set depending on your preference.
    Clever Alch, Rallying Cry, Olorime, Daedric Trickery, maybe Burning Spellweave but I don't think Inferno is a good choice, so would proc off enchant or Blastbones itself
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the idea. I'd never heard of that set. Gives me options beyond Dagon + Clever
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will pre-face by saying I do not play Magcro since the full-proc abuse build nerfs. But I know people use played this set in the past.

You could build around Unleashed Ritualist, makes Blast Bones into mini-nukes. Could be one barred too so you can form it into the standard build setup.

Magma Incarnate
    1x Trainee
    Clever Alch, Rallying Cry, Olorime, Daedric Trickery, maybe Burning Spellweave but I don't think Inferno is a good choice, so would proc off enchant or Blastbones itself

Blastbones can't proc Burning Spellweave (it actually can't proc any set in the game as it is a pet)
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You could try a blastbones ult build. Ritualist, Balorgh, and any high damage set (preferably decisive backbar for ult gen). Have a good skill to proc ritualist like soul splitting trap and basically just heal your team on your backbar while generating ult with intensive mender and necrotic potency (6 ult every 4 seconds).

When you're ready to go, drop some corpses with intensive mender and your armor buff, make sure you're fully buffed and enemies have the ritualist debuff, then drop your ult. It's a terribly inconsistent ult but when it hits it's by far the highest damage ult in the game. I've wiped entire teams with 4 blastbones that hit for 15k-20k each.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like using Rattlecage, a Master staff, Grothdarr, Overwheling surge. Rattle Jewels, Chest, Legs. It's kind of an old Templar build iirc. I'm liking the green blastbones with defile. Scythe procs o-surge easily, and Grothdarr seems to proc as right after I leave mist form after kiting.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭

Magma Incarnate
    1x Trainee

Blastbones can't proc Burning Spellweave (it actually can't proc any set in the game as it is a pet)

***, you're right. Like it doesn't proc Catalyst.
    Glyph would "work", whether it's usable is something else.

Inferno wouldn't be terrible as your only spammable choices really are Ele Weapon or Crushing Shock (or FP). Without a gap closer I prefer range anyway
  • Fizzyapple
    Fizzyapple
    ✭✭✭
    Tiphis wrote: »

Dcon makes it much easier to land colossus ult so you'll get less mileage out of that but it probably is still your best ult.

This is exactly what you're trying to get away from and I totally get why one would want to.

Ritualist like others mentioned is an interesting option and also applies to pets from other sources like Maw of the Inferno. Sad its such a poor option for Wardens but that's ok. I think only you and sorc can utilize this set in any meaningful way in pvp.

If you like the pull from DC you can try unleashed terror or rush of agony but those will require you to get your hands dirty and do a little fighting unlike DCon. It sounds like that maybe what you want though.

Keep in mind though that those sets are not a replacement for DCon. I know many who have tried to switch to one of those since the patch and they were not happy at all. They belong to a subset of players that are more "OP or stop" minded.

Infused masters destro is always useful for that 1000 wd/sd unbuffed right before you land a combo ult or w/e. As a Warden I use it right before shalks lands. Frost clench holds the enemy in place. That might work for you idk.

I find off-meta to be more meta than meta in most of my BGS matches so you should keep trying new things. One of the best and most consistent BGS opponents I regularly face tends to go off meta. Full crit on non-gank builds interesting rotations etc. So my advice is to not follow the meta even on simple things like armor traits.

Right now I'm playing around with the set that has the self activatable synergy gryphon bomb and alkosh. Fun strong hard to use. Love it. :)