Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does 1.0.6 fix god mode PvP vampires?

pecheckler
pecheckler
✭✭✭✭✭
Thanks in advance. I'm not seeing anything in the patch notes about fixing the infinite bat swarm abuse.
End the tedious inventory management game.
  • ChampionSheWolf
    ChampionSheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt there will be an immediate fix anytime soon. It probably requires them changing how the ultimate system works, and might even include giving it a steep diminishing return factor. Something that it doesn't seem to have.
    Harbinger of The Black Wolves.
    Member of Grindstone.

Ebonheart Pact
    Tyra Ravenheim - Templar (newly rerolled)
  • Drekor
    Drekor
    ✭✭
    Nope, and no fix in the 1.1 patch on PTS either.
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What if vampires are so god mode that even patches don't effect them? :o
  • ChampionSheWolf
    ChampionSheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    It's more like tactically people that tunnel vision and don't understand don't run up to a vampire with bat swarm, will still just stand there and try to melee against a vampire with bat swarm actively running. It's often funny as I continue to pluck away at my bow and just watching a half dozen or so people just run in there and try to swing away at vampire swarm.

Is it unbeatable? No. Can it be grossly OP with some combos? A little but only against the really incompetent, realistically. Does it need some tweaking? Yep, but it's not some emergency thing and if people would stop thinking this is WoW they might get beyond some of the basic things they think are broken.
    Harbinger of The Black Wolves.
    Member of Grindstone.

Ebonheart Pact
    Tyra Ravenheim - Templar (newly rerolled)
  • Manofmisery
    1.1 should fix the vamp abuse as aoe has a max 6 target cap i believe.
  • Borondir
    Borondir
    Capping the targets of ae damage on 6 ppl will favour zergs. We are still missing good ae cc like in daoc and implementing the same stupid cap like in guild wars 2 will kill small groups. Then you will need a zerg to beat another zerg.
  • flow.currypoteb17_ESO
    FIX BROKEN VAMPIRES
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    It's more like tactically people that tunnel vision and don't understand don't run up to a vampire with bat swarm, will still just stand there and try to melee against a vampire with bat swarm actively running. It's often funny as I continue to pluck away at my bow and just watching a half dozen or so people just run in there and try to swing away at vampire swarm.

Is it unbeatable? No. Can it be grossly OP with some combos? A little but only against the really incompetent, realistically. Does it need some tweaking? Yep, but it's not some emergency thing and if people would stop thinking this is WoW they might get beyond some of the basic things they think are broken.

Thats exactly the thing we experienced last night, and trust me, the look on the face of a vamp whose bat swarm and mistform got dispelled by a sorc ulti is priceless, but you must be very quick to see it, because the exact same sorc and every over person around is vapourizing the vamp in an instant xD
    The NB mark and Backlash from templar work well too, same goes for DK ultimate banner
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP - Nope, can confirm last night. Witnessed 2 vamps wipe a 40+ person zerg, and they were all actively trying to avoid the bats, use range. The reflect ability coupled with unlimited magika/stamina/health from ultimate spamming that DK get make them godlike.
  • Oronell
    Oronell
    ✭✭✭
    What if vampires are so god mode that even patches don't effect them? :o

conspiracy-keanu.jpg

• ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, by making us effectively useless. 3* cost increase on all abilities instead of focusing on the real problem, DK and Sorc ulti reduction passives and the ulti cost reduction armor sets. But yeah, let's ignore all the broken vampire passives, let's ignore how weak they already are, and nerf them even further into the ground.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey