Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Move crafting plans away from being ABOVE the daily crafting rewards please!

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
REALLY? How many years has this been going on? Once again one of my alternate toons received a really nice crafting plan and BAM it populated RIGHT above the daily crafting reward list and I like a stupid skeaver clicked on it and BAM now my lower level toon has a 100k crafting plan which I'll never use. How many years has this been an issue? Someone please sneak into ZoS's next meeting about potential changes and slip a note inside the changes list so it can be moved ANYWHERE else but in the worst spot possible.

Rant over.

Any yes blah blah blah I know I need to be more careful. For the most part I am but once in a great while my eyes and hands do not get along.
Edited by Veinblood1965 on April 13, 2022 12:25PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, you open boxes and if there is not a furnishing plan in it, the UI returns to the next box. If however, there is a furnishing plan in there the UI bumps up and returns you to that furnishing plan instead. You get used to a slew of boxes with nothing but crafting mats and clicking away and the next thing you know one of your alts has learned something that your main has not.

I second a need to change this UI behavior.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have the container tab under the consumables? The icon for it looks like a square with rounded corners. If you have that and select it, only containers will appear and be available to "use".
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Do you have the container tab under the consumables? The icon for it looks like a square with rounded corners. If you have that and select it, only containers will appear and be available to "use".

Sounds like a PC thing, not sure what you are talking about. We don’t have tabs, everything is in one long list.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a PC thing, not sure what you are talking about. We don’t have tabs, everything is in one long list.

Yes PS4 is one long list. Sadly that's the same for banks. I have 480 slots open in my bank and have to scroll all the way down and all the way back up to get to the top lol.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We could have tabs, if the interface were changed to let us use R2 and L2 to switch between them. I have asked for it before a few times.

As it is, having the game jump from Containers to Consummables after opening a reward box is a recipe (no pun intended) for disaster.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. My annual: inventory movement should always be downwards after opening a box. Never up unless you are at the very last item in your inventory, which would never be a box anyways. Always jump down. Jumping up one makes zero sense.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did this three years ago, on the hanging redguard censer, not the crazy expensive one, but I was still new to the game so it was a pricey mistake. So I leveled that toons crafting, it was easier than trying to get the gold or find it again. Lol

Yes PS4 is one long list. Sadly that's the same for banks. I have 480 slots open in my bank and have to scroll all the way down and all the way back up to get to the top lol.

You can't L2 or R2 (maybe trigger?) to jump from category header to category header in your bank? You can on XB ui
    Edited by LurgidBean on April 16, 2022 3:40PM
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LurgidBean wrote: »
    I did this three years ago, on the hanging redguard censer, not the crazy expensive one, but I was still new to the game so it was a pricey mistake. So I leveled that toons crafting, it was easier than trying to get the gold or find it again. Lol

You can't L2 or R2 (maybe trigger?) to jump from category header to category header in your bank? You can on XB ui

The triggers jump up and down categories. But what I think they are talking about is actual tabs on PC where each section of the inventory is its own entire page. So yes we can jump sections in one long list, but we are jumping to different tabs.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    LurgidBean wrote: »

The triggers jump up and down categories. But what I think they are talking about is actual tabs on PC where each section of the inventory is its own entire page. So yes we can jump sections in one long list, but we are jumping to different tabs.

Yes, like how it is when you go to the blacksmithing crafting table and use R1 and L1 to switch from armor to weapons, I am calling those tabs, maybe it is not the correct term.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was one benefit of changing to the PC from the PS4 in spite of all I "lost" that I had to leave there. (Housing, mounts, etc.) I would regularly do exactly what was noted here, because it is such a pain to work through things quickly. Now an addon opens all the boxes and I don't have this problem.

So many addons should really be integrated into the game so console players get the benefits too!
    PC
    PS4/PS5