The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please fix Dark Convergence set by making the set pull to the player wearing the set.

EdmondDontes
EdmondDontes
✭✭✭✭✭
The stated goal ZOS said it had for the Dark Convergence set was to help break up ball groups. But of course the set as implemented does exactly the opposite. It makes ball groups exponentially stronger.

If the set pulled to the player wearing the set it would actually give solo players a chance to achieve the stated goal of the set.

If the set pulled to the player wearing the set it might actually turn Dark Convergence into a fun and fair set to exist in PvP. Streamers would love this too I think. This would reward the players strong enough to deal with the fight, while also eliminating the ability of the weak players and ball groups to rely on mindless proc cheese to get kills.

If Dark Convergence pulled to the player wearing the set it would actually work to break up ball groups instead of just making the ball groups stupidly OP.
Edited by EdmondDontes on April 6, 2022 12:28PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really see how it would change it's current use. Necros are already standing on top of it to hit their synergy. Ball groups already run over the DC to nuke everyone.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really see how it would change it's current use. Necros are already standing on top of it to hit their synergy. Ball groups already run over the DC to nuke everyone.

The change would eliminate the ability to range bomb from stealth. (something that should NEVER be possible in a PvP environment)

It would make it so a solo player could pull members from a ball group and actually break up the ball group, as ZOS claims the set was designed to do.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on April 6, 2022 9:04PM
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....it always hurts a little inside when you think you have a good idea and just nobody else gets on board. lol
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....it always hurts a little inside when you think you have a good idea and just nobody else gets on board. lol

Don't feel bad. At least you have an idea. Even if it's not good
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it would eliminate range bombing which is basically no risk/all reward, which shouldn't be the case.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, this set has gone the way of another one-time anti-zerg tool: prox-det. Mostly used by the zergs now because they haven't put anything to reign in the power of either of those sets based on how many people are in your group or running the same skills/sets.

Though my biggest problem with it is due to the main problem of Cyrodiil: Lag.

Extreme opinion: But, all stuns should be removed from the game if the game won't support strun breaking b/c of lag. Getting pulled into a DC and having to break stun three times and still not working while other damage hits you, etc. - Is pretty broken. Do I really want all stuns removed? No. But it's up to zos to make their game work.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Yea, this set has gone the way of another one-time anti-zerg tool: prox-det. Mostly used by the zergs now because they haven't put anything to reign in the power of either of those sets based on how many people are in your group or running the same skills/sets.

Extreme opinion: But, all stuns should be removed from the game if the game won't support strun breaking b/c of lag. Getting pulled into a DC and having to break stun three times and still not working while other damage hits you, etc. - Is pretty broken. Do I really want all stuns removed? No. But it's up to zos to make their game work.

Maybe not make stuns not work, but8mit them to 1, maybe 2 seconds and they then automatically are gone. The problem with removing them altogether is with healing and tankiness; often times you'll need a timed burst to kill.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

Maybe not make stuns not work, but8mit them to 1, maybe 2 seconds and they then automatically are gone. The problem with removing them altogether is with healing and tankiness; often times you'll need a timed burst to kill.

My idea was completely being a bit snarky b/c of how long this problem has persisted. That's a more realistic idea.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • DizzyMac
    DizzyMac
    ✭✭✭
    you might as well ask for plaguebreak to infect and explode on the person who deals it out as well.. jeez
    Edited by DizzyMac on April 11, 2022 8:41AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Dark Convergence - main thing why this set is broken & why so many people are using it is crowd controll this set has (not damage). It is pretty much much "on pair" with an ultimate (like Negate).

This set should definitely be reworked, some ideas below:
    A: Start with removing double CC that do not provide CC immunity. Basically remove stun after pull and grant pulled players CC immunity, just like every other CC in the game does.
    B: Add pull immunity to anti-CC skills, so you won't get pulled if you have it up.
    C: Re-work the pull so it would not pull instantly, but instead it would create something like a "gravity field" - so you will be pulled gradually and with enough speed or roll-dodge you will be able to get out of it.

2. Plaguebreak - can be fixed simply by coding it properly. It should not proc on death. Period. Dying does not remove negative / positive effects. If I die in Cyro or IC while having Haunting Curse, even after I respawn - it still have it & it explodes.

• DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The change would eliminate the ability to range bomb from stealth. (something that should NEVER be possible in a PvP environment)

It would make it so a solo player could pull members from a ball group and actually break up the ball group, as ZOS claims the set was designed to do.

Okay well one, why shouldn't it be allowed?

Two, how many ranged bombers are you running into? I see very few because it's harder. Vast majority of bombers are necros.

They already gutted NB tether bombers. At least with a DC bomb you see it coming from a mile away. It does less damage than a necro. 99% of the time you can just block and it barely hurt you
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Dark convergence shouldnt remove CC immunity. In a 1vX does the solo player stun multiple players or do the Zerglings stun the solo player to drain his stamina, group burst him and prevent him from running away? Solo Players should be able to decide themselve if they use dark convergenze or another stun, groups can use a CC immunity ignoring stun more effective after they already used other stuns on the victim. Maybe dark convergence should have similar drawbacks to pale order ring.
    Proxy det and vicious death are ineffective(proxy) or completely useless against solo players, but effective against groups. But solo players usually are too weak to kill players in a cross heal group, they have to low damage and cant stay offensive because they get killed quick by the groups. But another group has enaugh damage and survivability to kill players in the group and let them explode.
    Plaguebreak and dark convergence are also very effectice against solo players. Plaguebreak at least can DoT a player only once, but you can pull NPCs to them and kill them to blow him up. Have been killed a few times when i defended ressoursses or keeps and the Zergs killed the NPCs. Pulling players into necro burst can kill a player without time to react, especialle if the necro is part of a group.
    But all these sets have to be used offensively, they dont help you if you get ambushed by a group. Maybe a set that lets you explode on death and deals increased damage the more players attacked you and reduced damage the more players are in your group.
    Edited by Iriidius on April 13, 2022 10:37PM
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I've ever died in a DC vortex...ever. I get sucked it, double roll-dodge and I'm out. Side note, DC is wicked fun to play in dungeons.
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever died in a DC vortex...ever. I get sucked it, double roll-dodge and I'm out. Side note, DC is wicked fun to play in dungeons.

36l2au.jpg
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's being spammed enough to cover entire courtyards because it's super ineffective