Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SEPTIMS in the SECOND ERA??

Monweel
Monweel
✭✭✭
Found this furnishing, "Pocket change" (picture from the ESO fashion website):
iehde4fbnn91.jpg
Honestly I wasn't even sure where to post this, but for those unaware ESO takes place in the Second Era (2E 258 to be precise), and those coins are clearly Septims, the coins from the Third Empire, from the Third Era, even depicting Tiber Septim's face on it. The problem here is that the man hasn't even been born yet (he was born in 2E 828).
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    think you're reading into this too much. probably was just an easter egg put there by the devs.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice catch!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Monweel
    Monweel
    ✭✭✭
    think you're reading into this too much. probably was just an easter egg put there by the devs.

If the furnishing name was something like "lost coins", "strange coins" then sure, but those are achievement furnishings from stealing, together with Pile of Coins and Mountain of Loot, and those seem to be the correct currency for the time (I can't really tell in the "Mountain of Loot" but the "Pile of Coins" are definitely not septims).
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monweel wrote: »
    Found this furnishing, "Pocket change" (picture from the ESO fashion website):
    iehde4fbnn91.jpg
    Honestly I wasn't even sure where to post this, but for those unaware ESO takes place in the Second Era (2E 258 to be precise), and those coins are clearly Septims, the coins from the Third Empire, from the Third Era, even depicting Tiber Septim's face on it. The problem here is that the man hasn't even been born yet (he was born in 2E 828).

On top of that... the dragon and diamond symbol shouldn't be a thing until Tiber Septim comes along.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good lord, that texture is so bad it took me ages to actually see the face.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Monweel
    Monweel
    ✭✭✭
    c6c9tndv1bby.png
    It has been fixed! o:)