Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Login issue

Dr_Rektar
Dr_Rektar
✭✭✭
Anyone else getting logging eror, that says "or password is incorect or i should use steam/stadia"tho nothing is linked to account?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 12, 2022 11:28PM
Engine guardian - best set ever
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    480f4cgu0l1p.png
    Or maybe any suggestion what is it and how to fix?
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only happens to me when I miss type my password.
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    10000% sure i am typing password correctly
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to login to you account online, as it suggests. If you can't log in there either.... well, then you might have a real issue, and from there you'd want to use the support site to get your account back.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Rektar wrote: »
    480f4cgu0l1p.png
    Or maybe any suggestion what is it and how to fix?

It does not say you should use steam or stadia - it says "if you purchased from ..." - so if you haven't purchased your game from them, you might have mistyped your password - this happens to me frequently, because I let my muscle memory hammer it in rapidly - sometimes my fingers are too fast, like pressing a letter before shift is down, and then it is lower case instead of uppercase - and password authentication fails. Just type it in more slowly and safely.
    Edited by Lysette on March 30, 2022 5:29PM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    always make sure your caps are not accidentally on

:#
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    If password is all lowercase letters and you accidentally have the Caps Lock button on this will happen. The screen does warn you that your Caps Lock is on but it is in the fine print. First time it happened to me I must have tried a dozen times before noticing the problem. If all is good though and an error like this keeps happening then it is time to submit a ticket to support for help.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You sure it's typing in the game? A lot of the time I'll be in say discord. Open the game and click on the login screen. Type and hit enter and it puts my password in the discord channel. I have to normally click 2 or 3 times on the password line before the cursor shows up
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭

You sure it's typing in the game? A lot of the time I'll be in say discord. Open the game and click on the login screen. Type and hit enter and it puts my password in the discord channel. I have to normally click 2 or 3 times on the password line before the cursor shows up
    Its weird but diffrent internet connection fixed my problem

• Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this error on one of my accounts this morning. I assumed it somehow mis-typed it, even though I had typed it carefully and capslock was not on. The second time, the game immediately responded with “lost lobby connection”. The third time, it immediately responded with “this account is already logged in”. The fourth time, it finally logged in normally. This appears to be the level of reliability to expect from the game for the time being.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Dr_Rektar

If you switch back to your prior connection do you run into these login issues again?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Dr_Rektar

If you switch back to your prior connection do you run into these login issues again?

It doesnt work only when i try to connect with my other provider, as far as i understood, it is only the issue with that provider that blocks something
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Dr_Rektar

You may want to contact the ISP for the connection having issues so they can look into possible causes for this behavior.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post