Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Let Houseguests sit down

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have some beautiful furniture in my houses but my Houseguests are unable to sit down and enjoy them with me. It would be nice if we could sit together on the sofas and chat, or if I could fill the dining room chairs with guests and have a proper dinner party. Please allow our Houseguests to sit on our chairs.
PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think it would add to the atmosphere if you could have the houseguests that were at least humanoid to perform a common emote (i say humanoid because i dont think it would work well for non-humanoid houseguests such as arox the mutilator or the squire caw)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think it would add to the atmosphere if you could have the houseguests that were at least humanoid to perform a common emote (i say humanoid because i dont think it would work well for non-humanoid houseguests such as arox the mutilator or the squire caw)

This! Honestly it would also be nice if they could interact with items that are intractable using a basic emote.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to see an emote for my kittie pet where she could stretch then curl up on her bed and take a nap. Having her just stand on her bed for a set amount of time doesn't display any sense of realism like her actually napping would.
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to see an emote for my kittie pet where she could stretch then curl up on her bed and take a nap. Having her just stand on her bed for a set amount of time doesn't display any sense of realism like her actually napping would.

im sure something like that could be included if they expanded the "pathing" system, that can already control how long the entity needs to stay at a node, something similar could be done to "manage" the AI emote use (since most non combat pets already have a couple specific emotes that they can do while "idle" such as the dogs/cats sitting or laying down)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love this as well. I don't quite understand why we don't have this feature; NPCs throughout the game are able to sit, walk and idle. Surely it's trivial for them to enable our houseguests to do the same? And it would make the houseguest feature more popular, I imagine.
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    This! Honestly it would also be nice if they could interact with items that are intractable using a basic emote.
    They definitely should be able to dance and play any instrument emotes unlocked by the player. So many houseguests and we don't even have real entertainers.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was hoping this would be part of the base game reveal today, but it appears we are not getting very much at all added to the base game this chapter. It's occurring to me now that we might go another entire year without this feature, which is super disappointing. What happened to all the cool housing addon-like stuff that the ESO addon creator hire would have possibly brought us? Feels like a few years have gone by without much (smaller) quality of life stuff added.