Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Campaign Ruleset Suggestions

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
In the meantime, we’ll consider additional ways to keep Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds interesting and exciting (for example, potentially special rulesets or weekend events) and will continue to work on bug fixes affecting combat, but we won’t be adding any new features to PvP until the work mentioned above is complete.

So for this thread I want to hear suggestions for these special rulesets and/or weekend events. I’ll start:

Werewolf/Vampire only for Witches’ Festival - in order to join the campaign your character must be a Werewolf or Vampire, and the Werewolf/Vampire abilities will have their damage/duration/whatever boosted.
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i could think of a few:
    • no set gear (it would be easier to understand too than our current "no proc" mystery rules)
    • hardcore/no healing (this would modify healing done/received and could still possibly allow self regen though)
    • no recovery (you get no passive hp/mag/stam recov so heavy attacks or pots to restore stats)
    • (unlikely to be feasible but mentioning anyway) free for all, as soon as you pass your alliance gates your only allies are ones who are grouped with you (to still keep the base as a safe area)
    • volendrung frenzy (everyone in cyro always has volendrung, and still has volendrung rules so will die if they dont get AP lol)

im sure i could go on but i think it would be interesting to see some of these
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    In the meantime, we’ll consider additional ways to keep Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds interesting and exciting (for example, potentially special rulesets or weekend events) and will continue to work on bug fixes affecting combat, but we won’t be adding any new features to PvP until the work mentioned above is complete.

So for this thread I want to hear suggestions for these special rulesets and/or weekend events. I’ll start:

Werewolf/Vampire only for Witches’ Festival - in order to join the campaign your character must be a Werewolf or Vampire, and the Werewolf/Vampire abilities will have their damage/duration/whatever boosted.

Guess I won't be allowed to join that day..
    i could think of a few:
    • no set gear (it would be easier to understand too than our current "no proc" mystery rules)
    • hardcore/no healing (this would modify healing done/received and could still possibly allow self regen though)
    • no recovery (you get no passive hp/mag/stam recov so heavy attacks or pots to restore stats)
    • (unlikely to be feasible but mentioning anyway) free for all, as soon as you pass your alliance gates your only allies are ones who are grouped with you (to still keep the base as a safe area)
    • volendrung frenzy (everyone in cyro always has volendrung, and still has volendrung rules so will die if they dont get AP lol)

im sure i could go on but i think it would be interesting to see some of these

Nope to the first three, but the fourth option actually sounds kind of fun..
    The last one will fry the poor servers however..
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    They used to do this with Pokemon (they still might, I don't know) where you had seasons with no held items, no evolutions etc. Was a really fun diversion.

I would suggest things like:
    - No consumables (food potions, poisons)
    - HP capped at 20k
    - No ultimates
    - Skeleton polymorph mandatory
    - Change group size eg increase back to 24 or decrease to 6
    - Friendly fire on certain skills/sets (dark convergence and plaguebreak?!)
    - Potential points on the scoreboard randomly switch to negative so if you had 150 approaching evaluation it would become -150

I'm all for spicing things up a bit :smiley:
    Ps4 EU
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add a weekend event where AP is x4 but only player kills or healing earn AP.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Bigmatt2
    Bigmatt2
    ✭✭✭
    Spending my entire existence in Ravenwatch I could get behind the "no 5th piece" bonus rule set.

Additional rule set would be to allow multiple mythic items to be worn.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is a Skeevaton like in the Wrathstone dungeon.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If ZoS does this, add it to the no CP campaign...it's dead anyhow, no reason to ruin every campaign.

The only thing I can think of is the removal of hammer.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would have to be a specfic campaign and would likely not be very populated either way. Just to limiting.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Class specific campaigns - so a campaign that only allows Templars, another for Sorcerers, another for Dragonknights, etc…
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - double siege weapon damage

- no grouping allowed

- 4x AP for rezzing allies

- allow emotes to not be interrupted

- disable the transitus system

- make everyone constantly stuck in combat

- allow all actions while stuck in combat

- make enemy scroll and keep possession debuff your alliance

- fill the zone with deer, whichever alliance kills the most deer wins the campaign

AaqJ.gif

quantity >>>> quality
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring out Sheogorath and make the bugs worse! No mounting allowed in cyrodiil, all buff/debuffs will be applied for 49710 days, the tooltips of Javelins and meteors are changed in cyrodiil and they now Desync as a feature, low pop will be given to a random faction every eval.
    Edited by SimonThesis on May 9, 2022 2:01AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    - make enemy scroll and keep possession debuff your alliance

If we still need them for points to win, I would genuinely like to see that at least as an experiment. Might make for some natural pressure against PvDoor.
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone who spawns in immediately gets volundrung. This cannot be disabled and there is no timer. Lag be damned!
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big head: When you load in your head is like half as big as it normally is, but every time you get AP your head gets bigger, and when you die your head shrinks by half.

Plague Fest: Every one has a constant 0 damage PB dot, when you die you do a PB explosion based on your own WD/SD

The Convergence: Same as plague fest, but you drop a DC black hole on death

Dog Fight: Random chance to turn into a werewolf during combat

Chicken run: When you die you turn into a chicken with big move speed. If you run away for 10 seconds you respawn in your current position

Open House: No doors, but each keep has a beefed up boss mob that has to be killed before it gets capped

I want to see some crazy rule sets for all PVP modes