The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there an addon that replaces Count Verandis' new VO with the old one in the base game?

Adventurer
Adventurer
✭✭✭
I just found out his VA was replaced and his old lines re-recorded, so since the dialogue is stored on the player's PC, is it possible to add back in the old voice lines and re-integrate them back, so only the new areas use the new VA?

Or is that not possible and the game file check will always redownload it, so not even some kind of a pointer hack could work? Cause I checked and so far it seems you can't do voice and audio mods from what I've looked.
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know, this is impossible to do with addons, and if done without addons (not sure about this part) may be considered against the terms of service as you modify the client.

I think the best we can do is play/stop a sound from playing, not adding new ones, but I'm not too knowledgeable on that.
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    M0R_Gaming wrote: »
    As far as I know, this is impossible to do with addons, and if done without addons (not sure about this part) may be considered against the terms of service as you modify the client.

I think the best we can do is play/stop a sound from playing, not adding new ones, but I'm not too knowledgeable on that.

Ah, that's a pity. At least there are some videos of it online.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you'd do it you'd have to manipulate the game files and most probably won't get them the way together that the hash of the files is correct, so the launcher would patch it again and re download files -> Overwriting yours again.
    Beside that: Against the TOS ;-)