Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Wall in Depths of Malatar

Bitter_Apple21
In the final battle, the 4 ghosts spawn from the corners and walk to the center, if we kill one or more of the ghosts, does this "cause" a gap in the wall when it forms, or do we have to kill a ghost, while they are in the wall, to create a gap?
Edited by Bitter_Apple21 on April 6, 2022 4:14PM

Best Answers

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The spirits that walk to the center will give symphony of blades an additional ability if they get there. They don't have a direct relationship to the ghost wall other than ghost walls are not active while the spirits are walking. So yes, you have to kill a ghost that is part of the wall to form a gap.
    Edited by kringled_1 on April 6, 2022 4:44PM
    Answer ✓
  • Bitter_Apple21
    @kringled_1

Thanks. Ran it last night, and was able to nail at least 3 of the spirits walking to the center, maybe 4, and I remember an oddity that the wall did not occur right away, so I thought that might be a trick.

When - as tank - I try to help the group by nailing or penning a spirit in the wall, it is 50:50 if I can do that in melee range without by accident touching and wiping.

Was seeing if there was another option.

Thanks again.
    Answer ✓
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 4 colorful ghosts just decice, which abilities the boss is casting once his immunity phase is over.

Yellow: will cast a Jesus beam on the tank
    Blue: will spawn ice pillar aoes around the arena
    Purple: will release the blizzard aoes on players
    Red: will release a meteor on each player

Red and purple are the most dangerous ones, so you should always focus on them first.

For the golden ghost walls you try to focus the middle one, so the tank can hold the boss in the center.
    For melee it can be tricky (same as in vateshran last boss), but practice will do it :)
    Answer ✓
  • Bitter_Apple21
    @RealLoveBVB

Thanks.

Did some research on the 4 corner spirits and yes, nothing per se to do with the wall.

To your point about melee, yeah, I ran Depths a few more times, and sometimes I can create a hole by nailing a ghost, but with SNB, my odds have not been 100%.

:s
    Answer ✓