The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error Message all the time

Scaletho
Scaletho
✭✭✭✭✭
This message popped up in my launcher today after the hotfix. I already verified the integrity of ESO files twice and the message keep showing up. Does anyone have the same issue?

vs7atetv66tg.png
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on March 28, 2022 8:23PM
  • Lonestryder
    Lonestryder
    ✭✭✭
    Scaletho wrote: »
    This message popped up in my launcher today after the hotfix. I already verified the integrity of ESO files twice and the message keep showing up. Does anyone have the same issue?

vs7atetv66tg.png

I can verify this is happening to me now after uploading the latest patch on PC NA.
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Started after today's fix. First repair did not resolve. The second repair, using run as administrator, seems to have resolved it (I hope for good).

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It actually started for me before today's patch, late Sunday night or early Monday morning in the hours before the servers were taken offline for maintenance. It apparently didn't stop me from playing the game, since I was successfully playing the game at the time and didn't see the message on the launcher screen until I was shutting down the game for the night.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am now on my fourth repair session. I did it earlier when I first logged on today and it eventually worked, but now it doesn't and I can't get past repair function . I do not get a play button.

I have restarted and tried again and again.

Help.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I deleted the game_player.version file and ran launcher again. It recreated game_player.version and seemed to be OK after that.
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I deleted the game_player.version file and ran launcher again. It recreated game_player.version and seemed to be OK after that.

Many thanks! Your solution seems to work perfectly.
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    No such luck here -- I deleted the game_player.version file, but the error came back after playing then closing the launcher and re-opening it.

On the other hand, when the error appears, if I just close the launcher and then immediately re-open it, the error goes away and the launcher works.

I'd tend to say that in most cases, just close and re-open the launcher. Then if the problem persists, delete the game_player.version file and try again.

Of course, YMMV :)
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnseenCat wrote: »
    No such luck here -- I deleted the game_player.version file, but the error came back after playing then closing the launcher and re-opening it.

On the other hand, when the error appears, if I just close the launcher and then immediately re-open it, the error goes away and the launcher works.

I'd tend to say that in most cases, just close and re-open the launcher. Then if the problem persists, delete the game_player.version file and try again.

Of course, YMMV :)

Yeah, me too. I thought the Dagoth_Rac tip had fixed the problem but after turn off and on my computer, the problem appeared again. Damn!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There are some additional troubleshooting steps for this error found in the link below.

What do I do if I get Error 209 "PatchManifestError_VersionFail?"
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    There are some additional troubleshooting steps for this error found in the link below.

What do I do if I get Error 209 "PatchManifestError_VersionFail?"

Many thanks for the information, but as I said in another thread I already did all those steps and nothing work. The error still show up.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Scaletho

Since the troubleshooting has not helped, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post