Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

sPark101
sPark101
✭✭✭✭
When is it acceptable to leave the dungeon queue and start over?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 4, 2022 8:10PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up to you. I tank, so if I'm waiting for more than two minutes, I assume something's broken. :smiley:

If you are on PC/NA, it sounds like lots of folks are having issues with Groupfinder right now.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 1, 2022 7:24PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much only queue these days solo as a tank or healer. If it doesn't pop within about 30 seconds, I requeue. On a DPS, I never wait more than 15 minutes. Not saying it always pops in that time, but that's as long as I am ever willing to give it, more often than not, I get in.

Really depends on your motivation, but if just looking for fast random normal for either transmutes or XP, here is the work around.

Step one. Buy an alt account next time its on sale. I got one for like 10 bucks.

Step two. Level character to level 10 on your alt account, (takes about 5 minutes in BRP).

Step three: You set your role as healer, your alt sets as a tank and you group.

Step four: Go to Craglorn and Type "LF 2 DPS for fast random normal. Guaranteed to be low level non DLC."

Step five: Your chat window will explode, pick the two most clever names.

Step six: Run either FG1, Spindle1, or BC1, in about 5 minutes. Be sure to drop your alt account from group before the final boss, do NOT accept for the group finder to replace the character.

Rinse Repeat. Nobody is harmed. I specifically asked if this was okay on forums about 18 months ago been doing it since. You need to drop your alt from group, or they will level and the dungeon pool gets bigger. Dont ask for a replacement, otherwise you are potentially sucking someone out of queue that may not be into what you are doing.

Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on April 1, 2022 7:29PM
  • SpLaTTyDaDDy
    SpLaTTyDaDDy
    ✭✭✭
    Sat In dungeon finder for 30mins before getting a group, as a tank. Guess since nothing is being acknowledged by zos and I got in eventually. All is working fine
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭✭
    after 30 seconds it's broke, gotcha.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much only queue these days solo as a tank or healer. If it doesn't pop within about 30 seconds, I requeue. On a DPS, I never wait more than 15 minutes. Not saying it always pops in that time, but that's as long as I am ever willing to give it, more often than not, I get in.

Really depends on your motivation, but if just looking for fast random normal for either transmutes or XP, here is the work around.

Step one. Buy an alt account next time its on sale. I got one for like 10 bucks.

Step two. Level character to level 10 on your alt account, (takes about 5 minutes in BRP).

Step four: Go to Craglorn and Type "LF 2 DPS for fast random normal. Guaranteed to be low level non DLC."

Step six: Run either FG1, Spindle1, or BC1, in about 5 minutes. Be sure to drop your alt account from group before the final boss, do NOT accept for the group finder to replace the character.

Rinse Repeat. Nobody is harmed. I specifically asked if this was okay on forums about 18 months ago been doing it since. You need to drop your alt from group, or they will level and the dungeon pool gets bigger. Dont ask for a replacement, otherwise you are potentially sucking someone out of queue that may not be into what you are doing.

im not sure if you get the random queue credit if your character is not physically in the dungeon when it ends, it could make things easier on you by just PTE your alt as soon as you load in and just leave them out of the dungeon
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Specific dungeons:
    Tank: 2 minutes
    Healer: 4 minutes
    DD:
    *If you checked every dungeon in the list- 9.5 minutes.
    *If you checked only the dailies- 22 minutes if you are impatient, 45 minutes if you are not.

Random normal/vet dungeons, I don't know.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • LostHorizon1933
    LostHorizon1933
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30, 60, 90
    Nirn below us
    Drifting falling
    Waiting groupless
    Calling calling
    ZOS
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30, 60, 90
    Nirn below us
    Drifting falling
    Waiting groupless
    Calling calling
    ZOS

All of us Gen Xers know exactly what you did there... :)
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭✭
    So,

When can you bail out without repurcutions?
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

im not sure if you get the random queue credit if your character is not physically in the dungeon when it ends, it could make things easier on you by just PTE your alt as soon as you load in and just leave them out of the dungeon

Well the idea here is that you dont want your alt account to level. They level really fast, and the dungeon pool gets a lot bigger. But you might be right, if you just PTE, it might simplify. I will have to try it. The other thing is that you really need two level 10 characters the way I do it because if you leave the group, you get a GF timeout.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday it was the first time I did an pug for months, one tank in guild was farming shipwreck regret, I had not done that in vet so agree on it, went on my healer, did not get more so we queued, decent run, died some probably mostly my fault, worked better as pure healer on last boss.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the idea here is that you dont want your alt account to level. They level really fast, and the dungeon pool gets a lot bigger. But you might be right, if you just PTE, it might simplify. I will have to try it. The other thing is that you really need two level 10 characters the way I do it because if you leave the group, you get a GF timeout.
    That should work but it require an second computer or an virtual machine for the second account I think?
    And you should just as well have your alt leave the dungeon then the first in pug port in.
    You could kick the alt but group probably get confused.
    If you kick somebody before combat they does not get the cooldown.
    Know guilds who have the level 10 friend who is group leader and get kicked over and over.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

That should work but it require an second computer or an virtual machine for the second account I think?
    And you should just as well have your alt leave the dungeon then the first in pug port in.
    You could kick the alt but group probably get confused.
    If you kick somebody before combat they does not get the cooldown.
    Know guilds who have the level 10 friend who is group leader and get kicked over and over.

I've been in a few randoms where someone will have two characters and leave one of them at the entrance the whole time. It's really frustrating, even if the dungeon goes by quickly.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA