The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Give me your opinion on the following houses

Shagreth
Shagreth
✭✭✭✭✭
1) Ald Velothi Harbor House (Vvardenfell)
2) Lake Amaya Lodge (Vvardenfell)
3) Water's Edge (Leyawiin)
4) Hunter's Glade (The Rift)
5) Stone Eagle Aerie (Markarth)

I would also include the one in Windhelm as I like homes in snowy areas but I have a particular dislike for the version of Windhelm in ESO, I just can't put my finger on it on why. If anyone reads this and they own any of the above, please share some thoughts about them.

Lastly, if you could only have one, which one would it be? Sizes vary a little, but these are the ones I'm currently eyeing. Last one isn't available right now, but it has such an amazing view, might be a little difficult to work on though, might be worth saving for.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of your list, I only own Amaya but here are some of my thoughts:

1) Love the Hlaalu Architecture in ESO, structurally, it's really a great looking property imo.

2) Really nice, versatile outdoor space. Lots of space in the main yard for a wide variety of ideas such as grand gardens, farms, animal pens, stables, sitting areas and large enough also for if you want to build an additional structure via the Structural Furnishings. Also comes with 3 decks and patios on the upper levels (One of which is towards the back of the house.)

3) Location isn't inside of a city, but still pretty well situated, almost equally between Seyda Neen, Vivec & Balmora, all within close distance. Right on a beautiful lake with great water views, Morrowind's classic Mushroom forests towering over the perimeter walls as well as a solid view of Red Mountain dominating the North-East horizon.

4) Comes with an additional detached side building which is always a really nice touch for homes imo. Perfect for making a guest house, or dedicated crafting area, vault, tomb etc.

5) The interior layout is a bit awkward, and the very first floor is much smaller then the exterior of the home would have you think it is. First floor is about 1/4 the size of the actual outside base of the home. One of the most frustrating aspects of the house imo. Love the private quarters area in the tower above though, my favorite part of the whole house.

6) One of the homes you can actually buy with In-Game gold if you dont want to spend Crowns.

Edited by Vehlir on March 25, 2022 11:13PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only one I have is Stone Eagle Aerie.

It’s great in that the interior is only a few rooms so you can fill it up and still have plenty of slots to add lots of plants and other furnishings to the terrace. I have a crafting area outside under the covered area.

If you have a thieving character you can travel to the house when you have a bounty and use the entrance to the Outlaws Refuge to go directly and launder your goods and wait it out.

It’s also really close to the Markarth wayshrine.

The views are really outstanding during the day, you can see the whole city of Markarth below. You are far above the Hircine temple. At night you can see the sky full of auroras sometimes.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I own Hunter's Glade and I love it so much.
    The huge Moon in the sky and the ambient are unique, the size is great and it's also close to the rift werewolf shrine.
    However I think the house fits best a for Werewolf theme/hunting ground as it's supposed to be Hircine's Realm.

I also love Markarth but dislike so much stone eagle home, I would prefer a Reach style wood house somewhere outside the city.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hunter's Glade does spooky/scary really well, gothic, werewolf, vampire etc autumn-time atmosphere.

But no need to be tied to that. I use mine for an alien world setting. Build height is a bit disappointingly low, but then again so is server performance so there you have it.

Edit: it is not "serene" however
    Edited by MageCatF4F on March 26, 2022 7:50PM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2) Lake Amaya Lodge (Vvardenfell)
    These houses seem bland to me in a preview, but I've seen really creative and really good standard builds done with both of them. Each one has unique interior spaces that you can get really funky with and add a lot of detail to.

3) Water's Edge (Leyawiin)
    Cute, but not enough outdoor space! Great if you love Leyawiin and spend a lot of time there. You can't really build up or out, so you'd have to like the space as-is.
    And it's purrfect to make a shop for Fezez connected to a bank for Ezabi ... It has major convenience and potential.

Pros: Huge, unique outdoor space for a relatively decent price.
    Cons: Perhaps a bit too huge, and maybe too orange.

To me, the outdoor space makes it a house for either builders or gardeners.

5) Stone Eagle Aerie (Markarth)

Awesome for so many reasons. Markarth itself has a great design and is so easy to love, and Stone Eagle Aerie gives you your own mountaintop piece of it. It has great music and ambience.
    Also, the Markarth structural furnishings fit perfectly with the house, giving you so, so many options to build in a seamless way. Honestly, a huge perk.
    But, I wound up not getting it because of the price and the terrible view. What seems like would be a great view actually looks low resolution with a very distracting horizon line in FRONT of the faraway mountains. That might just be me, though, and maybe it's fixable with trees and pillars and I made a terrible mistake.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, I wound up not getting it because of the price and the terrible view.
    Here, I'll have to agree, it's extremely bad. Thanks a lot, very insightful! I just now saw seaveil spire and I kinda like sea elves aesthetic in general so I'm between saving for the aerie or that one. I also dislike the orange tint of the hunting grounds, but I do love how the water looks and reflects there, even though I am a hircine & werewolf fan... I'll probably skip it.

@ZOS_Bill The mountain background we see in western skyrim and the reach seriously looks like something you'd see in a 2000 game, please, could we get it changed? It really ruins the aerie's otherwise amazing view.

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »

Lastly, if you could only have one, which one would it be? Sizes vary a little, but these are the ones I'm currently eyeing. Last one isn't available right now, but it has such an amazing view, might be a little difficult to work on though, might be worth saving for.

I only have stone-eagle and I agree that is indeed difficult to work with, it's a beautiful house, and I was looking forward to getting it, but I haven't been able to come up with a cohesive decoration because there are so many areas and not really connected in a symmetric way. I think it's a difficult house to work with decoration-wise. I'd say the same for Water's Edge, I've played around with it on the PTS and although it has the advantage of being available for gold, I decided to skip it because the spaces are very narrow, and sadly you can't build out of the balcony.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw that horizontal line on the horizon inside Stone Eagle Aerie on my hubby’s PS4 but I don’t see it on my PS5.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that horizontal line on the horizon inside Stone Eagle Aerie on my hubby’s PS4 but I don’t see it on my PS5.
    It's not just the line, it simply looks low res, it kinda spoils what would otherwise be THE best view in the game.

Edited by Shagreth on March 30, 2022 11:00PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not just the line, it simply looks low res, it kinda spoils what would otherwise be THE best view in the game.

It is a great view. I will try to remember to get a snapshot to post here from PS5.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well folks it looks like I have to take back what I said before. It looks bad on PS5 now too. I had not been to my houses for several months due to the bug with lighting and something changed in the meantime. Here's what it looks like now:

u9ef9g0jn46l.jpg

The city of Markarth below looks good but the mountains are extremely low res and have that stark horizon line across them.

1qwuzyk2inhe.jpg
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, well, like I said -- it's bad. Can you please report the bug? I can't see this being intended... I mean, yes, the mountains probably always looked like this, but there's something clearly wrong there. I'll do the same.

p.s. providing the screenshot helps

@ZOS_ConnorG is this the intended look?
    Edited by Shagreth on March 31, 2022 8:59PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, well, like I said -- it's bad. Can you please report the bug? I can't see this being intended... I mean, yes, the mountains probably always looked like this, but there's something clearly wrong there. I'll do the same.

p.s. providing the screenshot helps

I don’t think it looked like this before, surely I would have noticed.

If your tagging doesn’t get a reply, I can start a thread in the Bug Reports section, but I will have to wait until I can get back on the computer to do so.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think it looked like this before, surely I would have noticed.

If your tagging doesn’t get a reply, I can start a thread in the Bug Reports section, but I will have to wait until I can get back on the computer to do so.
    Never got a reply from any CM and this seems like a super minor issue, but still, fingers crossed.
    Edited by Shagreth on April 1, 2022 2:42PM
  • Fizzyapple
    Fizzyapple
    ✭✭✭

I agree with the orange part 100%. I would have liked it for something semi-bosmeri outside of the few Bosmer houses that are available but the orange lighting is one of the things that make it not suitable imo. Some Bosmer do worship Hircine but most don't. If it were however a different hue I could make it work (Hircines hunt is sometimes confused with the Wild Hunt.)

For what it is supposed to be it works really well though.

• tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fizzyapple wrote: »

I agree with the orange part 100%. I would have liked it for something semi-bosmeri outside of the few Bosmer houses that are available but the orange lighting is one of the things that make it not suitable imo. Some Bosmer do worship Hircine but most don't. If it were however a different hue I could make it work (Hircines hunt is sometimes confused with the Wild Hunt.)

For what it is supposed to be it works really well though.

And it does, to be fair, make the water and skybox look very, very pretty.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking for another medium house to buy and was really disappointed with Ald Velothi one. It has the basement stairs but no basement to speak of. So what's the point if there isn't even a single small basement room? I would gladly pay a bit more gold for it if it did have that additional room.
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    K9002 wrote: »
    I was looking for another medium house to buy and was really disappointed with Ald Velothi one. It has the basement stairs but no basement to speak of. So what's the point if there isn't even a single small basement room? I would gladly pay a bit more gold for it if it did have that additional room.

Some people use it for storage. I made an alchemy lab down there.

7zzi0c1k0bao.jpg

Edited by seecodenotgames on April 3, 2022 2:18PM
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people use it for storage. I made an alchemy lab down there.

7zzi0c1k0bao.jpg
    wow, as a huge morrowind fan.. this looks AMAZING!