The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Necro and Solo Arena Trials

chongguang
chongguang
✭✭✭
I am planning to level up a Necro , the only thing worries me is that Nec seems did very low scores in Solo Arena trials (vMA.
Ppl told me that nec is right good at PVE dps and easy find a position in trial team, but why they not good at solo arenas ?
Thanks so much for help
Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 3, 2022 5:22PM
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice is to level up one of each class. That way you get a sense of how you play, and what you might do in vMA or other content. Each class has strengths and weaknesses, and what people might say may only be right for them. You need to find out what is right for you.

I recommend Hack the Minotaur's guides for solo/hybrid builds. This might give you something to start with. I tend to treat these guides as starting points for my own builds, rather than something to copy outright.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbiniWifZ0
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are good at solo arenas. Are they the best class out there for it? I mean, depends on how you use them. Templar has their ridiculous sustain with their jabby health sticks. If you're score pushing you might have some troubles with necro. But if you want to DO them on vet... You can absolutely do them easily. I am running a magcro and have no issues on vMA. I am very close to getting flawless (taking a break from that one after getting argonian behemoth down to 12% and accidentally rolling out of the shield and insta dying...). So really it is up to how much score pushing you want to do, and how easy you want it to be on yourself. As well as your play-style and which class works best for you.
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    They are good at solo arenas. Are they the best class out there for it? I mean, depends on how you use them. Templar has their ridiculous sustain with their jabby health sticks. If you're score pushing you might have some troubles with necro. But if you want to DO them on vet... You can absolutely do them easily. I am running a magcro and have no issues on vMA. I am very close to getting flawless (taking a break from that one after getting argonian behemoth down to 12% and accidentally rolling out of the shield and insta dying...). So really it is up to how much score pushing you want to do, and how easy you want it to be on yourself. As well as your play-style and which class works best for you.

So What stops necros from getting high scores compare to othe classes then?
    Just curious about it ...
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, the corpse mechanic is hard to use if there's a lot of movement in a fight. The corpses add to the effects of many necro spells, and if you move away from them you can't use them. It certainly doesn't make them easier to play, at least for me.
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    Bradyfjord wrote: »
    In my opinion, the corpse mechanic is hard to use if there's a lot of movement in a fight. The corpses add to the effects of many necro spells, and if you move away from them you can't use them. It certainly doesn't make them easier to play, at least for me.

Thanks so much for this reply
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Builds that focus on DOTs are always worse for scores in solo arenas than builds that deal mostly direct damage, because in short fights like in vMA most adds die really fast. Necromancers are mostly DOT focused class so they usually fall behind nightblades and sorcs who are more efficient there. Also it doesn’t help that main offensive ability on necro is delayed by about 3 seconds and wasted in a lot of cases, tethers mechanics suck too.
    Edited by tonyblack on April 3, 2022 6:51AM
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus most Necro builds don't have a "spammable", you're tied to your rotation and need to restart it every time a new enemy appears. This may be strong against bosses but in fast fights it's a nightmare.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chongguang wrote: »

So What stops necros from getting high scores compare to othe classes then?
    Just curious about it ...

Bad burst damage.