The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I need a proc build!

OBJnoob
OBJnoob
✭✭✭✭✭
Before you hate!!! I’ve been playing for like 4 years in the no cp campaigns even though I have plenty of cp. really enjoy the no proc fighting, don’t feel like I need procs at all. But I have also always enjoyed a battleground or 5. Now… frankly, I almost always do alright in my no proc setup.

But frankly I miss having and using a monster set, lol. And along with that… just, to heck with it, I want to make a character with some procs. I have too many characters to have them all equipped for no proc pvp!

Now my eso subscription ran out but I’ll probably renew that… I haven’t bought the last 2 expansions though so if it wasn’t free with eso+ let’s assume I can’t grind for certain things.

I’m very interested in proccing up a stamsorc I’ve been having success with. Very interested in the unleashed terror set… does anyone know if it’s good?

But basically everything is on the table for anyone willing to discuss and suggest. I only have a maelstrom 2h and wild impulse lightning staff for arena weapons.

For characters I have fully built and available… let’s see, I got everything except templars or necros. And I’m not super interested in playing my nbs right now.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terror is very good because it procs hemorrhage, and it's dot with minor mangle. You can proc it from streak on whole group, very strong entrance/annoyance move.

If you go procs, I suggest to look on sets with bigger amount of WD/SD. Plaguebreak is good for that reason. Syvarra is good AoE dot set.

Idk most moster sets are kinda meh in PvP because it's really hard to hit (ground AoE, or delayed animations).

Stamsorc classic is bowsorc. That is 2h/dw + bow, you want bombard from bow skills. Bombard and streak make you very annoying, crystal on bow is a spammable but doubles as setup for burst when you switch to melee weapon.

If you go 2h, best wep is Vate 2h - it's burst is uncomparable. Things like crystal -> DoS -> (shortest medium) + execute burst really deep.

If you go DW, you go for AoE execute, which is undodgeable.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I’m currently running stamsorc with dw and bow. I’ll precast crystal, launch my la with a poison injec attached, barswap streak in and start spinning. Mostly just kill stealing and being annoying, like you said, but when I do choose to bombard and negate the ol’ hit n run potato ganker turns into a pretty good group member to have.

I don’t think I’ve played enough bgs since I stopped playing him to get myself back into the highest mmr but I go anywhere from 8/2 to like 20/0 every time so I’d assume I’ve climbed the ladder a bit and aren’t playing against noobs anymore. I can say the play style works… and I’m not worried about being squishy cuz I already am.

So… plaguebreak is definitely a contender. What about this though… forgive me if this makes no sense I’m figuring this out as I type… I was thinking sheer venom would be cool. It also has a lot of wpn damage, and arguably plays into the “plan” better. Trick is I’ll need to have both active on the same bar. So like…. 1 mace, chest, belt, legs, feet of one (or whatever.) 1 mace, hands, and jewelry of another? And I can still have a monster set which… is yet to be decided upon.

How’s that sound to you?? Streak in, stun everyone, spin once or twice and if nobody dies just leave them with fat dots ticking. Granted I can’t do it all myself this probably won’t kill 4 people but if my teammates are with me it’s a good start?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maelstrom 2h + unleashed terror is a great combo (stampede will proc both of those at same time), from there you could do another 5 pc set like plaguebreak, or do a monster set + mythic + 2 pc filler set (whatever you think will work best in this situation)

plaguebreak would be suggested as its another DoT and will cause them to have to think about where to purge all the effects

another good thing about unleashed terror is proc cooldown is per target, so you could use both streak and stampede to proc it on everyone without burning your resources

streak and stampede both deal direct dmg which can proc 1 instance of plaguebreak too

a problem you will run into with sheer venom is while the cooldown is per target, if they purge it, its downtime for the rest of the cooldown where plaguebreak has no cooldown (only 1 application per attack, even from aoe)

running a bow would also be good for procing plague (bombard or acid spray spam)
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on February 1, 2022 5:19PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Necrotech_Master hey is the 2h maelstrom, unleashed terror, plaguebreak, and sheer venom all only one application per ability even if aoe? Cuz I did not know that.

In general… So I farmed the unleashed stuff… got pretty lucky had a 1h mace drop and two bows (might use both bows in the future if my sorc ever goes bow/bow.) even getting lucky I felt like I didn’t really want to farm sheer venom the same way so I’m using plaguebreak with it instead like @divnyi had suggested.

It seems to work well. I think I’m at the stage now where, depending on the que time, I’m either in a high mmr or a middle mmr. I’ll get like… 14 kills and 6 deaths or something… which is cool but I feel like I got similar results just wearing a no proc setup. My overall damage will be pretty low, and my medal score is middle of the pack.

Like div also said… I’m finding I either can’t find what characters all my monster sets are on or the ones I have are just very lackluster. So I might get a mythic instead. I’ve been using lord warden— lol — neriendreth or whatever— lol — and balorghs. You’d think balorghs would be the winner but honestly most of my kills are centered around teamwork I wait for the right moment to streak in and start spinning while applying unleashed terror and plaguebreak… and that alone does the job. Actually swinging my dawn breaker is effective but rare.

So… any thoughts? Any comments are welcomed but specifically: Does unleashed terror apply to everyone hit or only one person per streak? Does plaguebreak apply to everyone on my first whirlwind or just one each? Is there a good monster set for this hit and run aoe play style?

And uh, as a bonus bit of discussion for any of you high mmr ( I solo que.) players…. If you see my stamsorc in your game, playing like I play, are you like “sweet we got some damage and stuns on our team” or are you honestly like “crap I wish we had a(nother?) Templar or whatever” instead? Be honest I have lots of characters it’s not personal
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    @Necrotech_Master hey is the 2h maelstrom, unleashed terror, plaguebreak, and sheer venom all only one application per ability even if aoe? Cuz I did not know that.

In general… So I farmed the unleashed stuff… got pretty lucky had a 1h mace drop and two bows (might use both bows in the future if my sorc ever goes bow/bow.) even getting lucky I felt like I didn’t really want to farm sheer venom the same way so I’m using plaguebreak with it instead like @divnyi had suggested.

It seems to work well. I think I’m at the stage now where, depending on the que time, I’m either in a high mmr or a middle mmr. I’ll get like… 14 kills and 6 deaths or something… which is cool but I feel like I got similar results just wearing a no proc setup. My overall damage will be pretty low, and my medal score is middle of the pack.

Like div also said… I’m finding I either can’t find what characters all my monster sets are on or the ones I have are just very lackluster. So I might get a mythic instead. I’ve been using lord warden— lol — neriendreth or whatever— lol — and balorghs. You’d think balorghs would be the winner but honestly most of my kills are centered around teamwork I wait for the right moment to streak in and start spinning while applying unleashed terror and plaguebreak… and that alone does the job. Actually swinging my dawn breaker is effective but rare.

So… any thoughts? Any comments are welcomed but specifically: Does unleashed terror apply to everyone hit or only one person per streak? Does plaguebreak apply to everyone on my first whirlwind or just one each? Is there a good monster set for this hit and run aoe play style?

And uh, as a bonus bit of discussion for any of you high mmr ( I solo que.) players…. If you see my stamsorc in your game, playing like I play, are you like “sweet we got some damage and stuns on our team” or are you honestly like “crap I wish we had a(nother?) Templar or whatever” instead? Be honest I have lots of characters it’s not personal

@OBJnoob - ill answer the questions first
    • unleashed will apply to everyone in the aoe (streak or stampede)
    • plaguebreak will only apply to 1 target on each attack, even if its aoe (in your use whirlwind will apply it to a new target in range on each application unless all targets already have plague carrier, streak can also apply plague since it is direct dmg)

as another note: 2h maelstrom + unleashed + plague will all apply on 1 use of stampede but there are a few notes/caveats
    • plague only applies i think to the primary target of the stampede, havent fully tested though if it applies to any target in the aoe of initial hit
    • unleashed terror as noted above will apply to everyone in the initial aoe
    • 2h maelstrom will apply to all targets in the initial stampede, but as a bonus the maelstrom aoe will continuously reapply itself with every tick of the stampede ground aoe (so it makes the dot last longer, and enemies not within the initial aoe who walk into the stampede area now also get maelstrom dot too)

sheer venom will not work with stampede since its not an execute (not to mention if you are using unleashed + plague that is already 2 5-pc sets lol), but sheer venom will apply in aoe if you use whirlwind
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on February 2, 2022 8:53PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case you hit with AoE, plague will apply to new targets each time. Tho it's bit bugged and some AoEs won't work - Bombard doesn't proc at all.
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence and Plaguebreak. Be like everyone else lol
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    For stamsorc 2h

Selene + hrotgar + red mountain.

Easy proc with just Dizzy + HA weave

Burst damage combo on the paper lool:

curse + crystal + Dizzy + HA + proc + dawnbreaker