The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Just for the sake of argument

OWLTHEMAD
OWLTHEMAD
✭✭✭✭
If you were trying to max out your crit rate and no other stat, what sets would you use?

Kilt is a nobrainer.

I would think mothers sorrow/ leviathan would be one way, but certainly there has to be something that puts out more crit than these two i just cant think of what they would be
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    berserking warrior (aka advancing yokeda) at max stacks grants higher crit than those 2

tzogvin also slightly edges those 2 out (but also requires building stacks, advantage is max stacks also grants minor force too)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For base crit buff you can't beat leviathan and ms. As pointed out above there are other options once you build the stacks.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're going for max crit chance then I believe AY + Mother's Sorrow gives the most. Technically Tzogvin has more crit (14%) than Sorrow (13%), but if you use AY + Tzog + Kilt then you must wear 6 Medium Armor which means at most 1% crit from Light Armor passives. AY + Sorrow allows 6 pieces of Light Armor for 6% crit from passives.

With AY + Sorrow + Kilt and 1pc light slimecraw you can reach over 99% crit, using dual precise daggers and the thief mundus stone, with both Major and Minor buffs (prophecy or savagery). Nightblades can hit 100% crit chance by adding an assassination ability.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on March 30, 2022 10:24PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »
    If you were trying to max out your crit rate and no other stat, what sets would you use?

Kilt is a nobrainer.

I would think mothers sorrow/ leviathan would be one way, but certainly there has to be something that puts out more crit than these two i just cant think of what they would be
    I did this once, a long time ago, in a duel on my stamsorc. There is something to be said for consistent (Crit Surge) healing and Dawnbreaker being a guaranteed crit. It melted my friends, but we weren't very good back then and it was only good in melee situations that would proc Crit Surge from Hurricane all the time.

In regards to PvE, the cutoff point where the Shadow mundus starts to outperform the Thief is around the 70% mark (with Shadow), I believe. Maybe that's not longer true with the Kilt and the cap, I don't know. At any rate, you tend to sacrifice too much, if you go all crit and forgo a Minor Slayer set. I would also draw attention to Medusa having 3 lines of crit in the 2/3/4 piece. Medusa actually comes to 21 more crit than Mother's Sorrow at gold quality. In the same vein Slimecraw offers slightly more crit than other 1-pieces. Also Mechanical Acuity still exists. Might be good for short fights.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh. Not actually running a 100% crit build but wanted to try parsing with it for $hits and giggles.

The train of thought started when i ran a decent parse and somehow not a single bow proc crit. It was annoying so i thought id give it a shot.