The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Tips/Recommendations for a Dragon Knight?

Gedalya
Gedalya
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a lvl 10 Bosmer Dragon Knight. I've found that there is a bit of a challenge (not a bad thing at all) playing this character and I'm wondering what tips/recommendations others might have who have played as a Dragon Knight. For example I am trying to use light armour however I'm reading that heavy is a better choice for the Dragon Knight. Also, weapon choices? Skill lines? I'm curious to know where people have found success and even failures (so I can avoid).
Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It all depends on how you want to play.

I haven't pvped at all with this character this is just pve

My dk is more a survival/tank spec with 2 heavy 5 medium armor.I craft all my own gear and usually hit overcharge on my armor with just my chest and helm so I fill the rest with medium and use the crit passive in the medium armor skill line

I have always used 1h and shield, up until I hit 45 I had 1h/shield in both bars with different abilities

I have always used food the increased my health and around 25 I think it was I started making food that increased health and magika so I was able to put most points in to stamina to bring it more in line with what the food buffed.

Here is the build I run now http://alturl.com/ntk2j

I have had zero problem doing anything in the game.
    Edited by cromica81_ESO on April 30, 2014 6:22PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It all depends on how you want to play.

My dk is more a survival/tank spec with 2 heavy 5 medium armor. 1h/shield and bow.

I have had zero problem doing anything in the game.
    Same here, but I'm going 5 heavy/2 light. I'm not sure if this is working out well damage-wise, but I can always respec if i run into major problems later on. I've been doing okay so far.

There is no one best playstyle for any class. Light armor is preferable for casters, medium for stamina-based builds and heavy for tanks - and DKs can perform any of these roles. They can also get away with lower base armor rating because Spike Armor usually shoots you into overcharge anyway.

So what do you want to be? Damage, support, tank? What weapon have you been using?
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to use a Bow as a primary and one-hand/shield as backup. When I use light armor I were it exclusively; is it preferable to have a combination of all three armor types for leveling (skill)?
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Light armor skills are good if you are going to use a lot more class skills since they rely on magika.

Medium armor skills gives you more crit and stamina

Heavy skills gives you resist and health regen.