Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Insane Cost of Service Tokens

TheAlphaRaider
TheAlphaRaider
✭✭✭
Why is a service token between 20 and 25 dollars in crowns? This is something that should be at least a one time quest for each character. Yet it costs more than the price of the entire game to buy. Cmon ZOS this is absolutely ridiculous. You don't keep up with some of the RACES in the patches then when we need to change, from let's say trash redguard, you charge us the game again? I can't be the only one.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You are not.
    Service tokens are ever so expensive because ZOS considers it as something ''not needed'' aka convenience items.
    I had to buy several of them,unfortunatly.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $$ is the reason. They need it to pay employees and so their CEO can go on luxury cruises (I'm joking). As the above stated, it's a convenience item, they probably think that 25$ for a character change is the equivalent of just about 2 months worth of grinding another character to 50 for free. I think 15$ would be a fair amount, but unfortunately I don't make the pricing decisions.
  • duagloth
    duagloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are not.
    Service tokens are ever so expensive because ZOS considers it as something ''not needed'' aka convenience items.
    I had to buy several of them,unfortunatly.

nothing in the crown store is "needed", there is alos no short supply of said items. the price is artificially inflated.
  • TheAlphaRaider
    TheAlphaRaider
    ✭✭✭
    $$ is the reason. They need it to pay employees and so their CEO can go on luxury cruises (I'm joking). As the above stated, it's a convenience item, they probably think that 25$ for a character change is the equivalent of just about 2 months worth of grinding another character to 50 for free. I think 15$ would be a fair amount, but unfortunately I don't make the pricing decisions.

I can understand if it was a race or class change. But alliance change seems like something you should be able to do through a quest and maybe a one time per year thing. Its just an insane price point. I don't see why the alliance is a service token.
  • Meiox
    Meiox
    ✭✭✭✭

I can understand if it was a race or class change. But alliance change seems like something you should be able to do through a quest and maybe a one time per year thing. Its just an insane price point. I don't see why the alliance is a service token.

betrayal has its price ;-)
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the service tokens are about 150% more expensive than other games. they are serriously inflated and ive brought a few before and always feel ill afterwards.

It would be great if they put them as a one time quest reward for each char, but unfortunatly that wont make them money and if you notice anything about eso its how they can get away with doing as little as possible and get the most $$$ for it.

The price of the service tokens is just a reflection of the eso busness model.