The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help me Solo Selene's Web - last Boss

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,
Read a few threads on this - looking for fresh input
Running a Stamplar, Ring of the Pale Order AND a companion - yet still continue to die on this last boss....in NORMAL mode.

*once you are done laughing at me....please help*

Once the web breaks, I am able to beat down Selene for a bit, but it is the mobs. The healers and archers are all over, so I am scrabbling to kill them, while getting whacked by Selene.
My resources wear down too fast. Running OH&S (with Deadland Demolisher which deals a lot of damage to a single target) and a bow. maybe I need a resto staff (which I do use)? I ran Sugar Skulls? Or should I switch to something more stam focused?

Thinking my AOE is too weak or out of range of the pesky mobs. Do I just concentrate on Selene?

Looking for tactics and ideas with the equipment I have...

Tanks!

Z
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    What level are you?

What gear are you wearing?

Do you know roughly what dps you do? It sounds like you aren't putting out enough damage so the fight drags on until you get overwhelmed or run out of resources.
    Edited by rauyran on March 26, 2022 11:39PM
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    rauyran wrote: »
    What level are you?

CP 1441...not quite 3600...but getting there!
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just focus Selene, ignore adds. Melees will come to you and heavy you so just block or roll while you cleave them and continue hitting boss, archers and healers can just pretty much be ignored. Doing adds is just gonna leave you with more adds.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What kind of a rotation are you using?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find pulling selene into one of the nooks helpful. It forces the adds to get closer and keeps them on one side of you. And if you need, they are bunched up to take out.

Plus, with pale order, you can just lay down an aoe on the grouped adds and heal yourself passively.
    Edited by jaws343 on March 27, 2022 1:08PM
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we would need a bit more info to help you in the most beneficial way. CP allocation has a lot to do with damage and surviving, esp now with the latest CP system.

Gear and gear level (CP 160 for example) and are your weapons Legendary? Legendary weapons are about 200 more damage than purple and if you have the penetration then Nirnhone is another 200.

So what are your build resistances unbuffed and buffed and what penetration do you have unbuffed and buffed? Keep in mind the mobs are about 9100 resistance iirc and the bosses are twice that at 18,200. So you need to penetrate as much as possible to apply the most damage.

I'm sure there's more but it's early and my coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

I found this boss much easier than the boss in the tree platform with the ghost tigers. I really hate that one. LOL.

But for Selene I hold onto my Ultimate until she appears then wait for her first web attack that pulls you in and holds you. If you know it's coming just move way back and she can only pull you in a little. Once you are released from that apply a resistance debuff to her (whatever skill you may have like Elemental drain or what's it called..unnerving boneyard on the Necro for example) and if using a Bow there is one of the skills in the Bow skill tree that applies minor breach iirc. Then drop your ultimate on her and wail away. I usually slot an interrupt for this fight and interrupt the Healers when possible but like others have said just wail away on her and keep up the damage.

Oh, one more thing: Unless ZOS has changed it you can put a gap closer on for the boss on the platform with the ghost tigers (I suck at remembering their names, sorry) and fly up to that platform he is on and wail at him. It doesn't really affect him due to his shield at that time but it's fun to do.

• aleksandr_ESO
    aleksandr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    what is your damage on raid target dummy? can you damage? do you know how to damage? why not meta gear? i think you should invest your time to learn how to damage.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As already mentioned. Move Selene off into one of the corners and focus Selene. The one behind the tree is best. That keeps you out of the way of most of the adds. Just be sure to side step her bear attack.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    What kind of a rotation are you using?

Puncture, Biting Jabs, PowerSlam, Heavy attacks. I will charge for the shield, and bash, as usually an attack get blocked and my next power slam is increased

I will take your suggestions!
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    what is your damage on raid target dummy? can you damage? do you know how to damage? why not meta gear? i think you should invest your time to learn how to damage.

Can I damage? Yes. Every time I attack I do damage.

I think you are saying I am not doing enough damage.

I do damage, but never tested it on a target dummy
    What is Meta Gear exactly?
    What sort of damage would you expect?

I have managed to do all the soloable undaunted dungeons with this set up.
    BUT only have succeeded on one Level II dungeon...Vet...for me...for get it

You seem to be on to something - please explain ...

Tanks
  • aleksandr_ESO
    aleksandr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »

Can I damage? Yes. Every time I attack I do damage.

I think you are saying I am not doing enough damage.

I do damage, but never tested it on a target dummy
    What is Meta Gear exactly?
    What sort of damage would you expect?

I have managed to do all the soloable undaunted dungeons with this set up.
    BUT only have succeeded on one Level II dungeon...Vet...for me...for get it

You seem to be on to something - please explain ...

Tanks

You didn't answer anything concrete, so my assumptions continue. No offense.

you're doing damage, but you're doing it wrong. By doing it right, you can produce enough damage to not just go through dungeons, but to go through quality, efficiently, quickly.
    I'm not talking about damage of top players. I'm only talking about properly done damage: light attack weaving, skills and buffs uptimes, actual sets, food, potions.

it would be great to watch some videos on YouTube or chat with some person who will tell you what I am specifically about.

the raid target dummy is a universal tool for measuring your damage. Without any special skills, you can do 70-90k of DPS (with today's maximum of 120-130). That's enough damage to go solo veteran mode.