The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Brand New to ESO Plus

BOctober25
BOctober25
✭✭
I just signed up for ESO Plus for the very first time. I am a little confused on something. A friend if mine was raving about some DLC to play that goes along with the Greymoor expansion. This DLC focuses on the Orcs. But, you have to use Crowns to play it. On the other side, I see free starter quests for the expansions. I was under the impression that all DLC is free as long as you have an active ESO Plus subscription. Or, is it only the starter quests that are free and you have to still use Crowns for other DLC? I want to play Ascending Tide when it goes live on XBOX tomorrow. But, I did not want to use Crowns to get it. If someone could please clarify, that would be awesome. Thanks.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All DLC is included with ESO+ but the crown store will still offer you the oppertunity to buy it in case you want to unlock permanent access without waiting for your subscription to expire.

If you want to start a DLC's main story use can use the Stories tab of the Collection menu, or find the NPC in a base game map and get the quest from them.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All DLC can be purchased for crowns, even though you don’t need to buy them if you have ESO+. Some subscribers buy them to get the collectors edition digital content, some buy them so they will still have access if they stop their ESO+ subscription, most ESO+ members don’t buy them at all.

Things get a little fuzzy for chapters though. The annual Chapter isn’t a DLC initially, and can only be purchased for cash. But the following year when a new chapter is released, the previous year’s chapter converts to a DLC and becomes available with ESO+. But if you bought it as a chapter you will always own it as a DLC, regardless of your ESO+ status.

I hope that makes sense.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • BOctober25
    BOctober25
    ✭✭
    Thanks for clarifying all of this for me. I did not think to look in my Collections menu for the DLC to reflect my ESO Plus DLC. I will look at that next and it should be there. As for DLC, I will not buy DLC. I do buy the expansions when they release and I like having the base game intact at all times. Unless some DLC is just the best thing I have ever played, I will never pay crowns to buy it to keep. Thanks again for all of the help.