The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

In lag, what is the most amount of times you clicked the key until the ability goes off?

Tiphis
Tiphis
✭✭✭✭
And no infinite because you died still waiting for it to go off doesn't count. As per a keylogger mine is 17. Or in layman's terms: Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    The worst is when you hear the potion noise like 10 times in row, but you still didn't use it. But when its usually really bad at least 7-10 times before the skill goes off, but I'm usually dead because I cant literally heal.

This game is the worst its ever been. Gimme my money back.
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on when you consider it a reasonable cutoff time I guess? Like, I've had nights where I simply cannot use cast-time skills! An whole night of not being able to use dawnbreaker! Like, literally I could stand there for as long as I wanted and it would not work! Even when no fights were going on around me.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Janni wrote: »
    Depends on when you consider it a reasonable cutoff time I guess? Like, I've had nights where I simply cannot use cast-time skills! An whole night of not being able to use dawnbreaker! Like, literally I could stand there for as long as I wanted and it would not work! Even when no fights were going on around me.

Yes, sometimes ultis flat out refuse to work in Cyro, even when there's no laggy fight going on--same with doors, and if the inputs are registered all at once you go in and then back out again instantly, and before you can recover from the whiplash you're dead from the siegers at the front xD
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Related: what's your record for most consecutive cc break animation loops while stun locked? I've gotten the legendary quad cc break a few times, but perhaps I could strive for better...
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Related: what's your record for most consecutive cc break animation loops while stun locked? I've gotten the legendary quad cc break a few times, but perhaps I could strive for better...

Three so far has been my limit but now I'm getting a new one. Yes! Now I have the mythic triple root-escape! I can roll dodge three times and fail to escape roots all three times! Combine this with a triple-break free and you have some kind of 6-dimensional spacetime situation in Cyrodiil than cannot even be comprehended without breaking out some supercomputers and running a month's worth of calculations just to show and abstract graph of what it represents!

Edited by Janni on March 19, 2022 7:18PM
  • davelbier
    davelbier
    as a magsorc, streaks cast time is listed as instant. in a hot and heavy fight it is practically...3 clicks if i am lucky.

look, sorry, i basically have to wear pariah or ironblood if my escape isnt going to activate. i dont *want* to
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually die before I can find out.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 time pressing, begging and cursing the Resto Ult until it finally fired was my record
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably about 6 times before the keep door let me in as I was trying to escape the horde of oncoming enemy players.

Problem is, I pressed the key 7 times, and now the door spat me back out. So I died.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infinite times. Literally in some cases.

Yesterday I ran into two situations that I had never experienced before. One was with trying to place siege and the other was to X to use synergies. Both times I literally just stood still in big fights and pushed X over and over and over until my raid group took the keep. Or tried to place a ballista over and over and over again. It was probably 45 seconds of pushing X as fast as I humanly could and it never registered. The keep had to flip before I could place siege or resume synergizing with other player skills.

I read this post shortly after it was posted and I wondered what the answer was myself. So I tried counting each button push. But you can't really because with a really good mechanical keyboard you can get that button engaged really fast in really short intervals.

.....then this situation happened yesterday and felt compelled to share the experience.