The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Getting into Trials

HalDeimos
HalDeimos
Soul Shriven
Hello. How do players go from doing vet dungeons to doing trials? I feel like I am ready for trial content. Healer CP +840 with SPC, EC and MI/Symphony. This is PC/NA. Somehow I can't catch even a nAS for the normal staff. Is there a map that players go to to find random trial groups? A lot of trial guilds don't do the normal trials, at least the ones I've found myself in. I kinda wanna learn these trials before I jump into the vet content.

Advice?

Thanks
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're willing to do normals I believe on na it's all the same Craglorn for the matter, but the ones you'll find there are the ones where there's something to farm like RG nowadays for example and not ones you might actually want to run. Other than that social or trading guilds might run normals also but pve guilds often start on veteran because there's nothing to learn on normal for the vast majority of players. I don't even remember the time I went to one on normal because we always starting on veteran and there's literally no reason to do it the other way around. Good luck to you!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a matter of finding a guild that runs the trials and I have seen some guilds that have leadership that run both normal and vet. Finding the right guild is the key and starting with normal trials is the best way to go if just starting out. Groups that run Vet trials, especially the more challenging trials, will often have requirements such as DPS and survival. Depending on how serious the goals are for the group they can get very serious, but there is pretty much a group out there for anyone.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are always pugs out of Craglorn. But like the others have said, if you want a group that teaches mechanics and helps you through a trial, you need to join a guild. Preferably one that does progression groups regularly.

You can go in blind with the guild recruitment boards, area chat recruitments, or run randoms and see if they are members of a guild you can join.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most pug trials are grouped via zone chat in Craglorn. I'd recommend keeping searching for a guild that teaches trials though. They do exist so keep searching till you find one that suits you.