Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampire leveling Help (Bug?)

wolfgirlb14_ESO
wolfgirlb14_ESO
✭✭✭
I just started a new character yesterday and got her a vamp bite right after finishing the tutorial. She was level 4 when she got the bite. She is now level 8, but she is still only a level 1 vamp with hardly anything in her progress bar toward level 2. Each time I turn in a quest I check it and some quests make it fill a tiny bit, but a lot of them don't seem to give her anything. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 28, 2022 10:06AM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This may be outdated information, but when I first got a vamp bite (in 2017), I was told the vamp leveling was scaled to level 40 experience gains. What does seem to be true, at any rate, is that the skill line advances with any experience gain, and since you get more xp the higher level you are, you will see vamp level faster on a level 50 character than on a level 5.

You can also increase the rate of gain by slotting vampire skills on the bar that is active when you gain xp.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silly question, but do you ave a vampire ability on the active bar when you turn in a quest?
  • wolfgirlb14_ESO
    wolfgirlb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I do. As soon as I finished the starting quest, I immediately put the first skill on my bar and have kept it there. My character is now level ten, and her progress bar is still only about a fourth of the way full at most.
    Edited by wolfgirlb14_ESO on March 27, 2022 10:58PM
  • Taco_Tuesday
    Taco_Tuesday
    ✭✭
    when your character gets to be about level 25-30, it will start to really pack on the levels, you really do need to assign anything to the bar unless you want to level a particular skill. The Vampire levels work a little differently it levels as you do, regardless if anything is assigned

just a quick tip, I would go to the Alikr dessert get into a big group, get to level 10. Then go to Cyrodiil and do the quest "Welcome to Cyrodiil" it will get you to level 12 and 2 new skill lines... Do a daily random dungeon, this will give you like 3 more levels, you should be about level 15 or so (vampire will still be low level, maybe 3-4, regardless if you used any skills at all). Then do every dungeon up to "darkshade caverns" (they are easy) after this this you go back to the alikr and get into a big group. real soon you will be level 10 vampire.
  • Taco_Tuesday
    Taco_Tuesday
    ✭✭
    Sorry typo to my comment above

"When your character gets to be about level 25-30, it will start to really pack on the levels, you really do NOT need to assign anything to the bar unless you want to level a particular skill. The Vampire levels work a little differently it levels as you do, regardless if anything is assigned"
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    when your character gets to be about level 25-30, it will start to really pack on the levels, you really do need to assign anything to the bar unless you want to level a particular skill. The Vampire levels work a little differently it levels as you do, regardless if anything is assigned

just a quick tip, I would go to the Alikr dessert get into a big group, get to level 10. Then go to Cyrodiil and do the quest "Welcome to Cyrodiil" it will get you to level 12 and 2 new skill lines... Do a daily random dungeon, this will give you like 3 more levels, you should be about level 15 or so (vampire will still be low level, maybe 3-4, regardless if you used any skills at all). Then do every dungeon up to "darkshade caverns" (they are easy) after this this you go back to the alikr and get into a big group. real soon you will be level 10 vampire.

You don't need to assign any skills, but it will level faster if you do.
  • wolfgirlb14_ESO
    wolfgirlb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone it was very helpful. It does seem to be speeding up a little bit. Hopefully as I level up more, I will see a more obvious difference. :)