The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Companions and Fishing

Aranbormoth
Aranbormoth
✭✭
I saw a couple other posts about this so I thought I would post my ideas in hopes the developers will see it.

It would be awesome if your companion would fish with you. The easiest way I imagine would be for them to simply use the same animation that NPCs have that fish and when you are standing still fishing have the companion walk to the water and pretend to fish with you.
However it would be even more amazing if they also gave you the bonus chance that fishing with another player did. I think letting them fish and getting their fish would be too far, but if they just gave us a bonus of another person fishing the same spot that would be useful without being broken.

I made this post because I have spent hours fishing with my companion just standing there, even a simple fishing emote from your companion would help so much with immersion.

PS having them sit when you do would also be awesome.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is technically already a cp passive that increases your chances to get the rare fish that is basically equivalent to the more people fishing

pair that with artaeum broth and you get a pretty large bonus to getting rare fish without needing another person

i agree it would be nice if you could command a companion to perform an emote
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be really nice: it sounds a small thing, but if you're spending hours fishing it would add loads to the atmosphere.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they sneak with you, then they should fish with you. Sitting requires seat selection, so that is not so easy, but fishing does not require anything but moving into range.