The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Roll dodge and block

Mayrael
Mayrael
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have never tested this. When we do a roll dodge does pressing the block key during the roll dodge animation activate the block? For example, we are performing roll dodge and we are hit by AoE skill, will the block work then? I suspect not but I would like to be sure.
Say no to Toxic Casuals!
I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't tried this exact situation, but can confirm that you can roll dodge through/in an AOE and dodge it, as long as you could also block it. For instance, VIccia's AOE in The Cauldron can be blocked or roll dodged. But the AOE of the final boss in Spindle 1 will kill you if you are in it. Would imagine its similar to perma-blocking. Have to give it a try
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tried this exact situation, but can confirm that you can roll dodge through/in an AOE and dodge it, as long as you could also block it. For instance, VIccia's AOE in The Cauldron can be blocked or roll dodged. But the AOE of the final boss in Spindle 1 will kill you if you are in it. Would imagine its similar to perma-blocking. Have to give it a try

Well that has to be tested on AoE that is blockable, because some of those ignore block and only way to avoid it is to roll dodge.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually, the spit can be blocked in 1. You are thinking of 2 and yes it shot be Dodged
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not perfectly on topic but I like using dodge roll as a gap closer. Closes the gap fast and you're almost invulnerable while doing so.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • delta_mystic
    delta_mystic
    ✭✭✭
    Not perfectly on topic but I like using dodge roll as a gap closer. Closes the gap fast and you're almost invulnerable while doing so.

OMG that's a game-changer for me! I can't believe I never thought of that lol. I always wonder why so many content creator build authors don't use gap-closer abilties. Maybe Roll Dodge costs less Stamina than most gap-closer Skills?

many thanks! :)