Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thanks ZOS for fixing the Mac client in 1.0.6!

Monsoon
Monsoon
✭✭✭
I know there has been a lot of negativity due to the Mac bugs but I wanted to give a tip-of-the-hat for fixing the Mac issues...very much appreciated
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is indeed joyous news! We can finally all stay in Cyrodiil for however long we want!!!!!

Let us all thank Chris D. (the man behind the Mac client) for his work and let us all thank @Moonraker‌ for his work on the forums regarding the Mac client.

Let all Mac users enter Cyrodiil and turn the tide of battle!
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Errrr chickens.... Counting ...... Hatching?....
  • UncleArkie
    UncleArkie
    Soul Shriven
    Home to roost? :P
  • Randay
    Randay
    ✭✭✭
    let's wait for the 1.0.6 patch to be deployed for testing. but i am really looking forward to playing tomorrow
    if less really is more, then maybe nothing is everything
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    I played for about 40 minutes in Cyrodill...no crash. Granted it was at noon and there were not many people but it seems to be holding
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Fixed an issue that would cause a gradual memory leak during long play sessions."

You get a thousand cookies for this! It was heartbreaking to watch my available memory (16 GB total) go from 11 GB to 2 GB in about an hour...then crash.
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    cfurlin wrote: »
    "Fixed an issue that would cause a gradual memory leak during long play sessions."

You get a thousand cookies for this! It was heartbreaking to watch my available memory (16 GB total) go from 11 GB to 2 GB in about an hour...then crash.
    It will only ever use 4GB of RAM as it is a 32-bit process (Mac & PC). In OS X it's normal and efficient for it to use memory in this way. And it's not unavailable but means faster loading of apps etc.

Basically it retains process use in Inactive Memory and can reload it much faster if needed. Otherwise it will release it for other processes.

In Mavericks 10.9 it is even more efficient memory management with Compressed Memory.

• Psychotius
    Psychotius
    ✭✭✭
    Extremely pleased with this update. I was even thinking of bumping my iMac to 32GB from 24 just to make a game session last a little longer, hopefully this will spare me that additional expenditure!
    I'm not as am as you drunk I think.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psychotius wrote: »
    Extremely pleased with this update. I was even thinking of bumping my iMac to 32GB from 24 just to make a game session last a little longer, hopefully this will spare me that additional expenditure!
    The ESO clients (Mac & PC) are 32-bit process so limited to use only 4GB of available RAM so more RAM wont make any difference. I would usually recommend a minimum of 8GB to allow for overheads OS other apps etc. but it's not essential. So you have loads.

The memory crash occurs when it hits that 4GB limit (in fact it will crash at a lower level due to overheads etc.) Usually around 2.7GB Real Memory.
  • Wolfster
    Wolfster
    ✭✭✭
    The Mac client is most certainly NOT fixed. Better, but the memory leak is still there.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfster wrote: »
    The Mac client is most certainly NOT fixed. Better, but the memory leak is still there.
    You mean in Cyrodiil right?
  • Wolfster
    Wolfster
    ✭✭✭

No, I was in Cyrodiil a while with no issue, crash happened when I returned to Glenumbra.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, I was in Cyrodiil a while with no issue, crash happened when I returned to Glenumbra.
    Hhhmmmm, maybe something else hiccuped? Since release I've been able to get about 3.5-4 hrs game time in PvE before the memory leak crash and in Cyrodiil about 30-45 mins before crash (maybe even sooner with more players on screen).

I need to try out Cyrodiil now that I have the latest patch.
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    as with the other patches it gets a little better each time

compared with what it was on april 1 it is lots better
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    as with the other patches it gets a little better each time

compared with what it was on april 1 it is lots better
    I have experienced a similar gradual improvement which reflects the continued work on the issue.
  • Wolfster
    Wolfster
    ✭✭✭

Hhhmmmm, maybe something else hiccuped? Since release I've been able to get about 3.5-4 hrs game time in PvE before the memory leak crash and in Cyrodiil about 30-45 mins before crash (maybe even sooner with more players on screen).

I need to try out Cyrodiil now that I have the latest patch.

It certainly took longer, including the best part of an hour bimbling around Cyrodiil - but it was the same crash.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    I just crashed in Cyrodill after using a transit shrine...just saying

EDIT: that is after about 15 minutes playing in between being one shoted by the Vamp flavor-of-the-month. 30 vs 1 and we still all get killed by a single player...sounds like balanced :)
    Edited by Monsoon on May 1, 2014 12:25AM