Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Visual Effects on Sets - toggle or reduction

Magenpie
Magenpie
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi there o/

Hoping someone might be able to help me. I'm using a set that generates a visual effect when it's set bonus procs. I understand why it's there, but I don't really like it. Is there an addon that gets rid of it or a way I can reduce it somehow by tweaking the game files?

Any help gratefully received.

Many thanks and hope you have a good weekend!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my understanding is that modifying game files is generally a big no-no (there are some things that are kind of in a gray area such as the reshade mod for higher res textures)

this type of thing would also be out of scope for anything an addon can do that im aware of

so im not sure there are any feasible options short of just using a different armor set
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't recall name, but there's an addon that was created to do this for pets and other visual clutter.