The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

So is every character now in DB/TG due to AwA, IS BLACKWOOD UN(RE)PLAYABLE NOW?

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Continuing journeys of my New AwA toon~

Raz does have the correct dialog to new characters.
    WB, Delvs and Delv Bosses still click as done, even just walking by borders of "cell".
    Skyshards seem to working normal today.
    Todays tests done in Summerset.

Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Za'ji had no idea who my main was when I entered the new dungeons. I have completed Southern Elsweyr on an alt and not on my main. Working correctly for me.
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Za'ji had no idea who my main was when I entered the new dungeons. I have completed Southern Elsweyr on an alt and not on my main. Working correctly for me.

I found the same thing with Zaj also. Also found Group Dungeons in general are working fine, but the Public Delvs and Reg delvs still have issues.
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

Options
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭

I found the same thing with Zaj also. Also found Group Dungeons in general are working fine, but the Public Delvs and Reg delvs still have issues.

What kind of issues? Is it related to the dialogue, or to the zone guide and achievements showing what you haven't done yet?

Btw do people in the world still have tons of comments, so you hear lines about being the Champion of the Crucible or having done quest y/z? Or is it really more toned down?
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adventurer wrote: »

What kind of issues? Is it related to the dialogue, or to the zone guide and achievements showing what you haven't done yet?

Btw do people in the world still have tons of comments, so you hear lines about being the Champion of the Crucible or having done quest y/z? Or is it really more toned down?

I have not run into enough NPC's to know for sure, but the few I have, have been correct dialogs.
    In delvs it's the "marked as completed" that is still messed up. That includes the delv itself and the bosses.
    As far as world dialog, I went to several towns I know well and general NPC dialogs seem same as pre UD33.
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nickl413 wrote: »
    All because some people wanted access to titles and furniture they unlocked on an alt. But ZOS had to go the extra mile and make it a big part of an update. Nobody asked for what we got.

...what has furniture to do with this? Furniture are not achievements.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All because some people wanted access to titles and furniture they unlocked on an alt. But ZOS had to go the extra mile and make it a big part of an update. Nobody asked for what we got.

He's talking about achievement furniture.

I do appreciate people posting if they do run into bugs and if zones appear to be fine. I haven't logged in either for fear the world has gone to Sheogorath. PTS had people posting stuff about NPC reactions being wrong, one even said in an early patch NPCs were shooting off comments everywhere that were not appropriate for alts, and we have no way to know if it was fixed or not because that was never in any patch notes. I didn't test when PTS was on NA and began to test when it was EU which I don't have an account on with live, so I have an account on PTS that I've had to start from scratch and haven't gotten very far.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
    Options
  • VindictiveRidge
    VindictiveRidge
    ✭✭✭

You may recall that there are "Achievement Funishers" in each zone. You can only purchase their special furniture items if you have earned the associated achievements.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These awful changes are why I haven’t even logged on since Sunday. You can only do Markarth in its entirety once too. :pensive:

Combat changes, balance, meta, come and go, but I never thought I’d see an RPG ruin the heart of the game by not tracking essential character data (questing, zone completion, etc.).

I miss ESO. I need to get into something as absorbing; instead I spend too much time doom-scrolling. :disappointed:

Edit: I didn’t read enough replies before responding — I’m glad to hear that the Blackwood questline was fixed but it sounds like most problems reported during PTS regarding quests and NPC dialogue/reactions haven’t been.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on March 26, 2022 4:19AM
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to believe that quests tied to achievements and then messed up by AwA will be fixed by ZOS. They’re not just going to leave them that way on purpose, they will be somewhere on a list of things that need to get fixed, just like we always see in the patch notes. Of course we don’t know when, and what they consider more important.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can say that the AWA granting access to achievement furnishings is, at least in some cases, false.

I have the Black Market Mogul achievement on several characters. But when I go to buy the associated furnishing (Mountain Of Loot) on a character that hasn't actually earned the achievement, it's redded out (unpurchasable).

Elvenheart wrote: »
    I have to believe that quests tied to achievements and then messed up by AwA will be fixed by ZOS. They’re not just going to leave them that way on purpose, they will be somewhere on a list of things that need to get fixed, just like we always see in the patch notes. Of course we don’t know when, and what they consider more important.

Many quest / ambient dialogues were made nonsensical when they removed the stealth from Bosmer and the poison immunity from Argonians. But they haven't been fixed several years later.

I wouldn't expect anything to be done about the newly borked interactions.

Edited by Jaraal on March 19, 2022 2:56AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this elsewhere, but was asked by some to post it in this thread for consolidation purposes.

Jaraal wrote: »
    Taken today, on Live. The game is asking my lowbie character, who has never been Empress, to lie.

S9Qk2Wh.png

I won't spoil the rest of the dialogue, but it's hilariously wrong.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

There are lore books that have been misplaced since inception, and that are still impossible to find or read. So I am not so hopeful about the bugfixes at all.
    Options
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is sad. But I have only one character for quests. My main hero. So it's ok. Worrying about skyshards on alts tho.
    Options
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭

There you are totally wrong - literally nothing happens in ESO because the customer wants it.
    That's the way it is - face it!
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this elsewhere, but was asked by some to post it in this thread for consolidation purposes.

Taken today, on Live. The game is asking my lowbie character, who has never been Empress, to lie.

S9Qk2Wh.png

I won't spoil the rest of the dialogue, but it's hilariously wrong.

Get AwA they, said, it will be fun, they said :lol:
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »

He's talking about achievement furniture.

You may recall that there are "Achievement Funishers" in each zone. You can only purchase their special furniture items if you have earned the associated achievements.
    But achievment furniture aren't bound to a character... You buy them and put them in a house then any character can move them. I know no one and have seen no one who does housing say they wanted AwA for furniture reasons.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • ElvenOverlord
    ElvenOverlord
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    If it's tied to an achievement, yes... You'll never see the vanilla dialogue ever again.

Sigh...
    Options
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adventurer wrote: »

I did my weekly "grocery shopping" in Coldharbour yesterday on my main who has ran Vaults of Madness multiple times and was greeted by the Undaunted Khajiit ghost the same as always:
    "And the Undaunted returns! And from the Vaults of Madness themselves! Hope it was worth it—defeating the Mad Architect couldn't have been an easy feat."

I'll try to test how he reacts to other characters of mine that haven't ran VoM yet.
    Options
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to contribute for testing purposes, yesterday I saw Melina Cassel on an alt who had never met her before, but I couldn't interact with her. I'd press E and my character would turn to face her, but nothing would happen. Found her again today on my main, who had completed the interactions with her prior to U33, and experienced the same behaviour.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
    Options
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melina Cassiel, the Adoring Admirer and several others of the same type are an example of totally broken content.

They have not a quest and are linked only to their achievement. Its 100% sure you'll be able to interact with them with just one char (or with multiple chars mixing achievement stages) and you'll never be able again to do them once finished.
    Its also 100% not fixable unless zos intoduces a quest (but now they wouldnt be able anymore to link it to the proper character, so it just wont happen). A nice example of something that is lost forever once done. Secondary things, yep, but still very disappointing.
    With U33 "Tamriel Once" ESO is the first videogame in recent history that is not completely replayable from scratch.

Ofc these were among the first issues reported in pts, but as you can imagine nothing has been done about it.
    The only step back that has been made has been about the museum-like quest (fortunately a lot of us complained enough to make zos rethink about them, or they would have had a pretty similar issue - note that the "fix" for them was the only possible without introducing a quest: they switched them back to be per-character).
    Edited by proprio.meb16_ESO on March 20, 2022 4:47AM
    Options
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Melina Cassiel, the Adoring Admirer and several others of the same type are an example of totally broken content.

They have not a quest and are linked only to their achievement. Its 100% sure you'll be able to interact with them with just one char (or with multiple chars mixing achievement stages) and you'll never be able again to do them once finished.
    Its also 100% not fixable unless zos intoduces a quest (but now they wouldnt be able anymore to link it to the proper character, so it just wont happen). A nice example of something that is lost forever once done. Secondary things, yep, but still very disappointing.
    With U33 "Tamriel Once" ESO is the first videogame in recent history that is not completely replayable from scratch.

Ofc these were among the first issues reported in pts, but as you can imagine nothing has been done about it.
    The only step back that has been made has been about the museum-like quest (fortunately a lot of us complained enough to make zos rethink about them, or they would have had a pretty similar issue - note that the "fix" for them was the only possible without introducing a quest: they switched them back to be per-character).

They should have re-made all of these achievement only quests per character. I don't know why they didn't. We brought this up in the PTS bug reports, but it was never fixed, not even acknowledge, and so here we are.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
    Options
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of data saved in that case would have been practically null, so they could have just reverted them to be per character, as they did with museum ones :/
    Options
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I finally ripped the bandaid from my soul and logged on to all my alts. It still feels odd that all my alts have achievements for things they didn't even do, or have even been close to.

One thing, however, worried me - what about the prequal/introduction-quests? As much as I am delighted to never have to hear Stuga again, I do want to be able to do the intro quests to the different DLC areas. Are they doable at all, or are they locked out as they are "achieved" according to the achievements list? :(
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One thing, however, worried me - what about the prequal/introduction-quests? As much as I am delighted to never have to hear Stuga again, I do want to be able to do the intro quests to the different DLC areas. Are they doable at all, or are they locked out as they are "achieved" according to the achievements list? :(

Fear not, Stuga is still looking for you, and Concordia still wants you to do something worthwhile. Prologue and DLC quest-starters don't seem to be affected by the update.

Zmxa1CG.jpg
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

Fear not, Stuga is still looking for you, and Concordia still wants you to do something worthwhile. Prologue and DLC quest-starters don't seem to be affected by the update.

Zmxa1CG.jpg

Yay! Except for the Stuga-part. Some people have suggested her as a house guest - I am more inclined to have her as a combat dummy. >:)
    Options
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

Zmxa1CG.jpg

Can confirm. So far while taking some alts for a spin I heard Stuga say she's still looking for me and that there a dragons in someone's homeland. :smile:
    Options
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to throw my own relieved experience in. I loaded in my noob vamp who's never done Rivenspire, but is wandering The Reach. I checked in with Verandis outside of Markarth and got the standard 'unfamiliar' dialog.

I then logged in my level 50 vamp dude (first time since patch) who has done all of Rivenspire, Greymoor prologue, Solitude and is in the midst of the Markarth prologue. I know what the dialog is from Verandis for someone he knows when he's outside of Markarth as I've clicked on him a few times but never taken the quest.

I went back in as the noob, jumped down the hill to Verandis and still had the standard 'unfamiliar' dialog.

So that's good!

I've seen other examples where quests are affected by other toons' achievements, and I'd love to see that fixed. I'd also love to see the moments returned that were taken away because they were achievement only (Verandis' epilogue for one).

But this is a relief.
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I mean I did, so your wrong on that end.

I can agree though it should have "hidden" backend that checks if you have joined or not. Sure.
    Edited by karekiz on March 20, 2022 8:04PM
    Options
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, this sucks if true. It would be immersion breaking if someone had a moral crusader type character that gets addressed as a DB member.

And getting locked out of potential dialogue seems very un-Elder Scrolls.

I don't see why those things can't be tracked based on whether the skill-line is unlocked, the rank in said skill-line, the completion of certain quests, and other per-character stats.

Pftt, they can't even track if you're a werewolf or vampire. They're certainly not going to check to see if you're not a member of the DB.
    Options