The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot Complete Dungeon Quests (Due to Design Flaw)

LordProteus
I find it difficult, sometimes impossible, to complete Dungeon quests. It is almost always the case that I get disconnected from the server due to how poor the server quality is while talking to the quest NPC at the end of the dungeon. By the time I log back in, the removal from dungeon timer has begun and I am removed before I can reach the quest giver, let alone converse with them and hand in the quest. This makes it sometimes impossible to complete a dungeon quest.

Is there any way around this? Is there a way to stop the dungeon removal? As an MMO, dungeon quests should not be done this way, all dungeon quests should be received and then finished outside of the dungeon. Dungeon quests are really badly designed in this game and the designers clearly did not think things through.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are disconnecting at the end of every dungeon that sounds like a hardware/infrastructure issue on your end rather than a problem with the game.

Don't get me wrong, there are occasional crashes, especially in PVP or in instances of high visual actions, like mid boss fights. But they aren't nearly frequent enough to consistently prevent quests being completed. Especially since you are more likely to DC mid boss fight than you are after everything is completed.
  • LordProteus
    jaws343 wrote: »
    If you are disconnecting at the end of every dungeon that sounds like a hardware/infrastructure issue on your end rather than a problem with the game.

Don't get me wrong, there are occasional crashes, especially in PVP or in instances of high visual actions, like mid boss fights. But they aren't nearly frequent enough to consistently prevent quests being completed. Especially since you are more likely to DC mid boss fight than you are after everything is completed.

And how would someone check ones "hardware/infrastructure" for an issue that would cause this very specific type of problem? It would be very difficult to find the problem without knowing what to look for.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Two thoughts, are you hardwired or using WIFI?

If you are on a console, are you running a dedicated or static IP?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try running a repair through the launcher. If you're getting consistent crashes at the same point that could be a missing or corrupt file.
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem, in my case it's a known bug and yet the support is not helping:

"Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

We are aware of an issue that causes Lucilla and Martus in the quest “Quaking Dread” to not appear after the final boss has been defeated.
    While we work to resolve this issue, here are a few basic quest troubleshooting steps:
    If on PC/Mac, type /reloadui in the command line of the Chat Box.
    Leave the area and re-enter.
    Try a soft reset by logging out of the game completely for at least 15 minutes.
    Abandon and restart the quest."

I am pretty upset about this blow off response. It can be difficult to get dungeon groups with the group finder broken and DLC dungeons take time to complete. I have multiple characters I am trying to collect skillpoints on and the number of dungeons I've had to replay multiple times due to this or similar issues is rising to be a real annoyance!
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, that one. I had to run that dungeon 3 times after I picked up the quest for me to complete it. Though my issue was the one where the NPC never appears after the final boss, no matter what you do. I didn't get kicked from the game.

Your bug is completely different from the one they are referencing. This looks more like the issue in Cloudrest where people get kicked from the game when porting in.

At the risk of stating the obvious, maybe post something in the Bug Reports forum, they seem to contact me with more than the canned response when I've tried that. Or at least other players have helped